Hughes tactically Naive?

Dubai Blue said:
citoeast said:
I did say I rate Hughes highly in every other aspect of his management, I am being fair and constructively critical, are you?
No you're not, you're just moaning about yesterday's result.

And I think I was very constructive in my appraisal of all the negative whingers on here. It's pathetic that so many people (and this isn't specifically aimed at you) are getting hysterical over an away-day draw.

We weren't great yesterday and Wigan probably edged it. But there really is no need to keep performing the Spanish Inquisition on the manager, the left-back, the right-back, the centre-back, the left winger, the support striker etc every single time we fail to win a game. We've played some great stuff so far this season, but unfortunately we didn't produce it yesterday. It happens. Let's move on.

I argree,all these inquests after a slightly below power performance is a bit over the top,we had a bit of an off day but still managed a point,end of story.

poh said:
I argree,all these inquests after a slightly below power performance is a bit over the top,we had a bit of an off day but still managed a point,end of story.

Isn't the whole point of a forum like this to analyse, and over analyse and rant and generally just talk about the club.

People are being too precious.

moomba said:
poh said:

Isn't the whole point of a forum like this to analyse, and over analyse and rant and generally just talk about the club.

Correct Moomba.

moomba said:
poh said:

Yep, but people here are unable to do that.

"Player X is shit"

"No he isn't. Tit"

"Your mums tits you mean..."

Is hardly debate and analysis... its pointless.

moomba said:
poh said:

Exactly.

After the Villa game I strongly backed Hughes' decisions in that game when some others were saying we should have gambled and gone for the win. But yesterday I felt we sat back after we scored and invited trouble when we should have been pressing them and killing them off.

I'm sick of people who won't accept a bad word said about a performance. They're as bad as the people who are constantly having a pop at certain players or the manager. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I like coming on here to hear other people's views. Okay, so a lot of people talk shite but it is still interesting to hear different angles on debates.

I think it would be foolish to dismiss Hughes with a blanket statement of 'naive' but it's fair to look at an individual game and suggest where we could have improved or what we could have done differently.

We have the best team since 1968 with the potential to be better and still people moan.
What we have to remember is its a new team and will take time to gel and we still have not had everyone fit to be picked.
Ok Hughes has and will make tactical mistakes, nobodys perfect and you just have to read the board to see the different formations/players people would pick. Overall I think he's doing a great job. He bought wisely, we are no longer a pushover for anybody and we have the capabilites to only get a lot better.
What I;ve seen of the other teams I would say we're almost nailed on to get a top 4 place.
I for one am really excited about this season and the future. Yes we'll make mistakes but who doesn't even baconface doesn't always pick the right team!
It shows how far we have come when people are moaning cause we only got a point against Villa and Wigan.
Teams know we are a force so every game,teams espicially away from home treat the game like their cup tie.
Lets support them and if a player has a bad game lets put it down as that and not come out with some of the crazy comments we see.

GStar said:

"Player X is shit"

"No he isn't. Tit"

Perhaps then, instead of abusing someone for having the nerve to have a different opinion, people should try and discuss the issue like an adult.

If that's too hard, people can always just move onto the next thread and not waste any more of their time.

moomba said:
GStar said:

"Player X is shit"

"No he isn't. Tit"

Perhaps then, instead of abusing someone for having the nerve to have a different opinion, people should try and discuss the issue like an adult.

If that's too hard, people can always just move onto the next thread and not waste any more of their time.

Exactly, thats what i was saying, but it doesn't happen.

Similarly, there is seemingly no room for "listening to the other side". There a group of posters who will have no criticism against the club, whilst at the same time, theres a group of posters who allow nothing but... failing to acknowledge any positive within the club.

hi, my name is mike and i'm a city fan.

SidJames.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.