Hughes tactically Naive?

The Fat el Hombre said:
masterwig said:
Yesterday I do think he got it wrong in that he didn't put Ireland on immediately after the equaliser. We should have turned the screw and gone for the kill but instead we sat back and invited trouble.

I don't agree with that. Why change things after you've just scored right after the break? We were coming on strong and had it no been for the sending off would have got the win IMO

Totally agree.

I agree that Hughes tries to blame everything on the past and tries to paint the very good squad that he inherited as the worst ever. He seems to have convinced more than a few as well, which is a shame.

And I think we were below par as a team on the weekend.

But I wouln't blame his tactics for the loss on the weekend, too many players down on form on the day.

Quite the opposite - I think Hughes on the whole has been tactically astute this season. I think back to the exclusion of De Jong against a long ball playing Blackburn. The win against Arsenal when at 1-1 the match was really only going one way. As for yesterday, we looked pretty comfortable without being impressive until the sending off. And given what he had on the bench - 3 senior players who hadn't really touched a football in months, his options were limited.

And as for leaking goals like a sieve, i'd take a look at the goals conceded table before criticising the manager.

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. In all aspects. But people need to remember that this isn't just a brand new team, but a brand new squad. It will take Hughes time to work out things like balance, who works well together in certain situations, when to adjust the formation and so on.

bluevengence said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What loss?!?!?!?

I think thats what he was secretly hoping for

Yes, indeed. I obviously should have said draw.

And I've never, ever hope for any result other than a City win.

these threads make me laugh, Hughes tactically naive? put most people on a pitch with 10 x 12 year old kids and see how tactically adept they are..I'll tell you now , most wouldnt have a clue!

droylsdenblue said:
these threads make me laugh, Hughes tactically naive? put most people on a pitch with 10 x 12 year old kids and see how tactically adept they are..I'll tell you now , most wouldnt have a clue!

tha vast majority of football fans don't undertand tactics, you're correct.

de niro said:
hughes is the best manager we've had since joe mercer.done .

SidJames.gif

De Niro you really crack me up

de niro said:
hughes is the best manager we've had since joe mercer.done .

He certainly has the potential and resources to be the most successful manager we've had, in terms of winning trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.