Hull City post match thread

TheMaineRoad said:
Бравый Дератизатор said:
Fantastic goal from Yaya .
Poor team performance. Rodwell or even Garcia should play in the midfield but not fernandinho. What a waste of money
I despair, I really fucking do.

Give the guy time. FFS!
Pellegrini gives him enough time.
He has no other option but to play the way we expect him to play

ayrshire_blue said:
Dribble said:
Apart from the first 30 minutes against Milan pre-season we've been desperately poor by our recent standards. Taking the Newcastle match out of the equation, with what I've seen so far this season we'd be lucky to make the top four.

I know we've got a new manager but good teams don't turn into average one's over night and we've been distinctly average this season so far. I'm sure Pellegrini will sort it out but hopefully we won't do too much damage to our season before we find some form.

By the looks of things, Hull will be safe this season. I thought they were excellent today but just lacked a Premiership standard cutting edge. Huddlestone was particularly impressive and tbh looked more a £30m player than Fernandinho. It's early days and it's another three points, but we need to sort our form out soon.

Lescott is not what we need in defence. Without Kompany we are leaderless and seemingly rudderless and its worrying that with the squad we have that we are reliant on any one player. I don't know what to suggest to resolve our sluggish start to the season, but we need a solution now before the cup competitions start to bite.

Agree.
Still had 2 clean sheets though

We definetly need more balance in midfield, I feared that Yaya and Fernandinho would leave us a bit exposed at times and it really did. The gap between our defence and midfield was massive for most of the game. I'd be all in favour of adding a 3rd man in there to just sit and hold and let Yaya and Fernandinho play their natural games

Personally, I don't understand how anyone can blame any of the strikers for the abysmal first half performance. No service, no pace, no possession, not shit. I think any of the four City strikers would have enjoyed the second more than the first. Negredo is more dangerous than Dzeko but I don't think the substitution changed the game as much as the squad waking up second half. Couldn't even get 5 passes together in the first 45 and were completely outclassed by Hull. Be realistic about the situation the players weren't to blame as much as tactics in the first half. Hull overloaded midfield and we were too disjointed. But if it makes you feel better and you want to compensate for the small package God has given you down below by talking shit about players who's talent you can only dream to have then have at it.

3 points, a win is a win.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Proelia said:
I like the way the dzonkey fanboys are overlooking the fact the twat went and got changed

Don't players who get subbed at half-time always do that? When you half 15 minutes to dry off (maybe even get a quick shower) and get out of cold, sweaty kit, why the f**k would you not get changed? If you want to question what he put on, that's a different point, but ffs!

Edit: you beat me to it Revolver!

No the dont and they dont sit with their feet up looking none interested

SkyBlueFlux said:
I think we're just trapped slightly between two systems of playing. Pellegrini with his high intensity, high defensive line tactics and the old habits of Mancini's methodical slow build up play. We haven't quite transitioned up to the former system and instead we lapse back into the habits of the latter system. This means we're playing a formation with a high line but without the necessary intensity or guile for it to work. It'll come with time, I absolutely believe this is just a case of new people bedding in, including MP. I reckon in three months we'll look back and wonder why everybody was moaning... well maybe not, this is BM after all.
Good post.

The Man With The Stick said:
Sam. said:
The Man With The Stick said:
Would love to see Negredo start up top on his own with two wingers and an extra midfielder. Can't see this 442 lasting long, it's poor to watch.

Great 3 points but a bit lucky at times... credit to Hull too.

We don't have two decent wingers though. Maybe play Negredo up top with Jovetic in behind. Navas right and Kolarov left?

Just a thought.

Maybe, wouldn't mind us grabbin a proper left winger though. I've seen Jovetic on the left but he cut in a lot rather than cross. Be nice to just see two of em pingin it in on Alfies head.
Di Maria would perfect for that can play Right Wing and Left Wings works his socks off would need to cut out the diving though

Бравый Дератизатор said:
TheMaineRoad said:
Бравый Дератизатор said:
Fantastic goal from Yaya .
Poor team performance. Rodwell or even Garcia should play in the midfield but not fernandinho. What a waste of money
I despair, I really fucking do.

Give the guy time. FFS!
Pellegrini gives him enough time.
He has no other option but to play the way we expect him to play
He's just moved country, new league, new team mates and you think 3 games is enough to bed him in? Jesus fucking Christ.

Proelia said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Proelia said:
I like the way the dzonkey fanboys are overlooking the fact the twat went and got changed

Don't players who get subbed at half-time always do that? When you half 15 minutes to dry off (maybe even get a quick shower) and get out of cold, sweaty kit, why the f**k would you not get changed? If you want to question what he put on, that's a different point, but ffs!

Edit: you beat me to it Revolver!

No the dont and they dont sit with their feet up looking none interested

F**k me, you're clutching at straws now.

Squad rotation needs to be used a lot more than it currently is. They talk a lot about bringing people in for more competition, but they don't seem to be showing it.
Jovetic needs a start on the left, working with Kolarov that side could work well.

Game on the whole seemed a bit of a dross, very lethargic again. The players need to MOVE and run more to move their players out of position, all well and good passing to someone 3 feet next to you but it doesn't move the defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.