Hull City post match thread

BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:
Unconvincing and uncomfortable.

Pretty much. We were better without Dzeko in the second half. Still think we have a problem on the left hand side. We need to decide whether we want Silva in the side or a second striker, playing them both with Silva drifting in from the left just leaves too much space which we don't seem to do anything with.
Don't think you're having a pop at Dzeko as I think you've been pretty supportive of him on here, but for those who'll jump on the fact that with him we were 0-0 and without 2-0, it should be noted that the tide was turning towards the end of the first half while he was still on, and that the biggest change in the second was Silva moving more central (and Hull tiring a lot and pressing a lot less). Glad to see Negredo score and happy with the 3 points, but if we leave so much space in midfield against better teams than Hull we're likely to be over-run (and I'm not even talking about the best teams). With or without Kompany, our defence won't be able to handle that week-in week-out. Hopefully Pelle will realize this and make the necessary adjustments.

No midfield presence, scoring on the break and from a free kick, winning a game we didn't necessarily deserve to win - if we aspire to be more like our raggy neighbours, we seem to be well on the way!

Lol Bruce moaning about the offside goal, saying it was only 2 inches offside (note it was far more) and strikers are meant to get the benefit but they are up against that only. Typical rag.
Clear offside Bruce is offside.

We'll play better and lose and play worse and win.

That's football.

I'll take 2-0 at home anyday no matter the opposition.

If we won all our homes this season 2-0 would anybody seriously complain.

Dribble said:
Apart from the first 30 minutes against Milan pre-season we've been desperately poor by our recent standards. Taking the Newcastle match out of the equation, with what I've seen so far this season we'd be lucky to make the top four.

I know we've got a new manager but good teams don't turn into average one's over night and we've been distinctly average this season so far. I'm sure Pellegrini will sort it out but hopefully we won't do too much damage to our season before we find some form.

By the looks of things, Hull will be safe this season. I thought they were excellent today but just lacked a Premiership standard cutting edge. Huddlestone was particularly impressive and tbh looked more a £30m player than Fernandinho. It's early days and it's another three points, but we need to sort our form out soon.

Lescott is not what we need in defence. Without Kompany we are leaderless and seemingly rudderless and its worrying that with the squad we have that we are reliant on any one player. I don't know what to suggest to resolve our sluggish start to the season, but we need a solution now before the cup competitions start to bite.

Agree.

Proelia said:
I like the way the dzonkey fanboys are overlooking the fact the twat went and got changed

I'm certainly not a Dzeko fan boy, been stating how I want Negredo to start, but I really don't get city fans that speak about our players like that. Dzeko is a city player for fuck's sake. He scored a number of goals that were vital to us winning the league. Show some fucking respect.

I think we're just trapped slightly between two systems of playing. Pellegrini with his high intensity, high defensive line tactics and the old habits of Mancini's methodical slow build up play. We haven't quite transitioned up to the former system and instead we lapse back into the habits of the latter system. This means we're playing a formation with a high line but without the necessary intensity or guile for it to work. It'll come with time, I absolutely believe this is just a case of new people bedding in, including MP. I reckon in three months we'll look back and wonder why everybody was moaning... well maybe not, this is BM after all.

With this man in charge I'm telling you now, after only 3 games, we will not finish top 2. No way at all.

Not a knee jerk reaction to another shit performance and to prove it I will put my money where my mouth is and wager £50 to the first poster who takes my bet via pm.

To win the £50 we simply have to finish top 2 at end of season with pelligrini still in charge.

Disgraceful. Again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.