Hull City post match thread

That was rubbish!
Slugglish, slow and boring. What on earth has happened since the Newcastle game?

Play like that V Stoke and we will get thrashed

SkyBlueFlux said:
I think we're just trapped slightly between two systems of playing. Pellegrini with his high intensity, high defensive line tactics and the old habits of Mancini's methodical slow build up play. We haven't quite transitioned up to the former system and instead we lapse back into the habits of the latter system. This means we're playing a formation with a high line but without the necessary intensity or guile for it to work. It'll come with time, I absolutely believe this is just a case of new people bedding in, including MP. I reckon in three months we'll look back and wonder why everybody was moaning... well maybe not, this is BM after all.
You may well be right, but it strikes me that until it works 100%, we need to compromise a little, and perhaps that means with the personnel. I was surprised to see that Rodwell wasn't on the bench today, but it could be a breakage to some part of his glass, I don't know.

I think Pellegrini needs to understand the PL a little better, teams run by clowns like Bruce only know one way to play, and the high line approach is dangerous against them, especially if you play a full back that can't defend, and also we need players who will work hard in games like this, Milner being one (Rodwell another if he's ever fit), players like Yaya who think they are better than games against Hull and Cardiff need a break. I said after Newcastle that Fernandinho needed to improve his passing, I think he's just off the pace in the PL, I don't think its a serious issue because he clearly can pass, but doesn't have the time he might have had elsewhere.

We do need a grafter in games like today, and I don't really see one in that team selection today.

I think last week possibly hurt us more than we thought, its probably knocked the confidence, but last week should be forgotten, the game was a strange set of circumstances, with Cardiff new to the PL, and their biggest ever league game at their new stadium, and whilst we lost, we only just lost, despite playing quite poorly, today we need to take the biggest positive of all from the game, and build on it, and that was the result, united regularly played poor last season, and yet won the league at a canter.

Cant believe we lost to hull fucking tigers. I Thought jovetic was shocking today, dont even remember him making a pass. Fucking shit, waste of money.

Was like he wasnt even playing. Mancini if you are reading this please come back and save us.

As a previous poster pointed out, we are still coming to terms with Pellegrini's system of defending high and man for man marking. It will take a little time for the players to adapt and we should cut them some slack in this respect. Make no mistake, Pellegrini's tactics are miles away from what Mancini's were.
I'm certain we will come good very soon because the players are simply too professional for anything else to happen.
And so is our manager!

mcfc2607 said:
Cant believe we lost to hull fucking tigers. I Thought jovetic was shocking today, dont even remember him making a pass. Fucking shit, waste of money.

Was like he wasnt even playing. Mancini if you are reading this please come back and save us.

wouldn't surprise me if a few came out with something like that.

it just felt like last year again. we really nwed strong leadership. things did imporovw straight after half time but we drifted a little after the goal

We missed Gareth Barry's protection today. And that is very worrying thing to say against a rather toothless tigers. Need to improve drastically and quickly with some tough games on the horizon.

1373445679279.png

Its week 3, 6 points out of 9. The two closest contenders for the title (Chelsea and United) can pick up 7 at the most after 3. You all act like its already may and the last match day.

Terrible performance, but hopefully some lessons learnt from the last 2 games.

I'd really like to know what has happened to the new style of attacking football that Manuel promised us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.