Hull City post match thread

The Flash said:
Where the merry fuck are Dismal Dave and Billy Gay Sex?

Had this been last season, they would be demanding death for Mancini after that performance.

Shitehouses.....

How very dare you ;0)

Very poor for the main part , just like last week , but thankfully Hull weren't able to capitalise on it .... but , just as had happened last week , two good goals were eventually scored by us , only this time they won us the game.

Hull made Chelsea work hard for their victory a couple of weeks back , and they 'dug in' at the Etihad too ..... to get the three points is all that matters.

Certainly a far from convincing performance though , and , for all the money spent , we look no better than we were under Mancini right now .... very difficult to see us coming through a tough Champions League group unless form improves tenfold.

djimaldblue said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Very poor for the most part very little improvement on the Cardiff game.

Our Brazilian midfielder looks as good as Garcia last season at the moment, Yaya lazy as fuck, Kolarov couldn't pass, Dzeko has the touch of a midwife, Lescott looked for the most part like he was scared of the ball...is it that had to play on the 'wrong side' of the pitch? They were the worst offenders but nobody had a great game.

I'd let Nasti off as from his movement he didn't look fully fit and was rushed back in cos Garcia is awful and the all the subs did well when they came on.

All that being said this is exactly what the rags do every season early doors and 3 points are 3 points. I just hope that something clicks otherwise we'll be a cup team this season at best.
Although I disagree strongly this made me giggle!

I only disagree because I assume midwifes have a great touch, dealing with babies and pregnant women. Although Dzeko's touch is subpar, hes not an all around world class footballer but he will score vital goals and there are flashes of brilliance. He was born in the wrong decade, in the 90s he would have been prolific.

mike channon´s windmill said:
NipHolmes said:
Lescott's passing is like a game of Russian roulette.

4-2-2-2 leaves us open on the counter and I feel Yaya is wasted but Milner would thrive in that role.

4-2-3-1 for me with the following personnel ideally.
-------------------------------------------------------Hart------------------------------------------------------------------
Richards----------------------------Kompany--------------------Nastasic--------------------------------Clichy
-------------------------------------Milner--------------------Fernandinho------------------------------------------
Navas-----------------------------------------Yaya----------------------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------------------------------------Aguero------------------------------------------------------------------

If we keep 4-2-2-2 and we are letting Barry go then we must bite the bullet with Garcia and let him go too and buy a top Holding Mid but this late in season I cannot see it. Left hand side worries me still.

Anyway the glass is half full, second half was very promising.
Negredo for Kun and that´s my team too
Other than we need 2 fit players in defence I'd play either of those, clearly Zab will play for now, the other conundrum is the CB until Vinny is back, clean sheet today suggests he got that right, and with better cover in front we may look a lot less likely to concede.

Danamy said:
The big worry for me is Yaya

If you put the goal aside, the rest of the game he looked like he was jogging around the pitch with stilettos on?

If anyone finds his mojo can they please return it to him asap

Yep, the usual sketch where their players just waltzed past him. Pointless playing him as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't tackle.

The 3 points was essential today to get back on track so job done in that respect.

I believe Pellegrini will have to really assess all the players at his disposal and discover the best tactical approach for the team as I don't think he has so far. Perhaps it may be time to revert to 433/4231 with 2 midfielders protecting the back four (and Yaya should not be one of them), as there was just too much space between the midfielders and defenders today and the hull players were zipping the ball in that area and then turning on our defense. Barry may not have pace but he is tactically intelligent as a holding midfielder and Rodwell should also be considered to at least get some minutes in that midfield.

As for the defense, as I said they were exposed today by our tactical anomalies and had no protection but there is definitely room for improvement. Nastasic will definitely become more comfortable as the season goes along and Lescott has some shaky moments. However I believe there was a greater emphasis and attention on defending set pieces today and we did that quite well.

I am not sure if Yaya is fasting but he looks out of sorts physically and did not really impress today. Yaya also should not be that deep for the entire 90 minutes- it is a waste. Fernandinho may not be as mobile as we thought and I don't think he really understands his role in that midfield yet.

Glad Negredo got on the score sheet once again and made an impact when he came on.

After this match, there is a 2 week break so there will be enough time for the manager to review the start of the season and come up with solutions for the future.

mike channon´s windmill said:
NipHolmes said:
Lescott's passing is like a game of Russian roulette.

4-2-2-2 leaves us open on the counter and I feel Yaya is wasted but Milner would thrive in that role.

4-2-3-1 for me with the following personnel ideally.
-------------------------------------------------------Hart------------------------------------------------------------------
Richards----------------------------Kompany--------------------Nastasic--------------------------------Clichy
-------------------------------------Milner--------------------Fernandinho------------------------------------------
Navas-----------------------------------------Yaya----------------------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------------------------------------Aguero------------------------------------------------------------------

If we keep 4-2-2-2 and we are letting Barry go then we must bite the bullet with Garcia and let him go too and buy a top Holding Mid but this late in season I cannot see it. Left hand side worries me still.

Anyway the glass is half full, second half was very promising.
Negredo for Kun and that´s my team too

At present yes but I meant ideally because I feel Kun can score 30 goals this season once the team is firing.

I feel the 2 in the 4-2-2-2 should be Negredo and Dzeko. He's 3/3 really but 2/3 so far and played as a sub. Scary!

lmjones1uk said:
Credit to Hull, Aluku, Brady, Huddlestone, Davies all played out of their skin.

Also playing newly promoted teams this early in the season is always tricky regardless of what you think.
This is very true and we were saying this at the game. The new teams are pumped up and doing everything right for the first few games. They play well but miss chances or get a few decent results. Then they get a bit tired, injuries deplete them, they lose a bit of confidence and their concentration drops. I'd rather play teams like Newcastle, Fulham, Villa and West Brom early on.

Back from the game and managed to gather my thoughts.
1. We looked nervous from the start, maybe a hangover from last week.
2. Yaya either needs to be totally defensive or forward and not inter swooping between him and Fernandinho, the two of them look lost and don't know whether to go or hold.
3. £30million for Fernandinho I think they saw us coming, even when he gets upto speed he still won't be worth that.
4. Dzeko is still not getting the service from the wings, although this doesn't mean I'd select him over Negredo who for me should start ahead of him purely on the fact he puts himself about and has a first touch.
4. We looked better with Nastatic back but we definetly need another CB as back up, Lescott doesn't cut it for me especially if you get someone like RVP playing against him.
5. 4-4-2 only works if you use the bloody wide men, not once did Navas get to run at them today and Silva is not a left winger, I think with the players we have its 4-3-1-2.
6. The midfield is where the problems are the defence aren't getting the protection they need or supplying the forwards with the ammunition.

Overall I can't see this so called sexy football Pellegrini is supposed have brought with him, I'd say we have regressed since Mancini left and he needs to sort it quickly, the scum will eat us alive and don't get me started on the champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.