Hull City post match thread

Negredo, Zab, Koarov and Hart played fairly well.
Nasty and Navas were decent.
Everyone else were poor. Silva, Aguero, Yaya (ok great free kick) and Dzeko very poor today considering what we know they can do (Dzeko aside).

Negredo has to start for me ahead of Dzeko but away from home I think we need 5 in midfield, perhaps Rodwell in the middle and push yaya further forward.

Will take the points over the performance, but Had Hull Taken their many many chances would have been very different. Worried that Van Persie will tear our defence apart

Revolver said:
I am no expert but I don't think we are seeing the high pressing quick energetic style of play we were expecting.

We're three games in. It's going to take time for the players to adjust.

BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:
Unconvincing and uncomfortable.

Pretty much. We were better without Dzeko in the second half. Still think we have a problem on the left hand side. We need to decide whether we want Silva in the side or a second striker, playing them both with Silva drifting in from the left just leaves too much space which we don't seem to do anything with.

I agree with this. As I said in the game thread, there isn't a LB on the planet who is going to be able to do anything if Silva is that far inside. I like Silva in the hole and think that pass forward into the gap has been our best offensive innovation under MP, but it's leaving the left side completely empty. Even if Kolarov or Clichy want to get forward, there's no support pass available, so they're just running into multiple defenders.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Goo said:
We need to stop pissing about with this "Aguero needs time to play himself in" rhetoric and just play Negredo from the start.

Dzeko been better this season, but Negredo is just a better player than Aguero at the moment

Corrected to be more accurate so far this season.

Agreed.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Goo said:
We need to stop pissing about with this "Aguero needs time to play himself in" rhetoric and just play Negredo from the start.

Dzeko been better this season, but Negredo is just a better player than Aguero at the moment

Corrected to be more accurate so far this season.

Disagree. That quote doesn't reflect my views at all

I've got a feeling it's going to take sometime for Pellegrini to sort this out, the sooner the better or else we're going to get a right hammering from a decent team,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.