Hull City post match thread

Sam. said:
Revolver said:
I am no expert but I don't think we are seeing the high pressing quick energetic style of play we were expecting.

We're three games in. It's going to take time for the players to adjust.

Fair point. Hope you are right.

No excuses,utter shite.Fernandinho man of the match??? No wonder he can't make the the Brazil squad.Made to look second best by a load of second-raters.

EaglesFan said:
If Pellegrini has any balls or brains - Aguero is on the bench in the next game. Give Dzeko - Negredo a shot.

Really? Drop Aguero and keep Dzeko on, who is quite similar to Negredo's style of play. I understand Aguero is playing poorly but he's one of those players that can get us a goal from nothing. He also seems to play well with Negredo.

Rather see Jovetic come in and we adapt our formation.

Overall we were very, very poor and some aspects of our performance were genuinely terrifying:

1) Our defence, without Kompany, looks very uncertain and indecisive

2) The balance in midfield isn't working and Hull could frequently find space simply by Aluko dropping off. That area should be covered by one of our central midfielders, but wasn't

2) We don't look a cohesive unit whether on or off the ball

3) I'm worried we won't get enough end product from Navas

4) Silva is in poor form and leaves the left back very, very exposed

5) Teams that are well organised at the back and reasonably confident on the counter attack appear to reduce us to gibbering wrecks. It's like watching a Mancini side with all the negative factors magnified 10x

However, of course there are mitigating factors, not least that Pellegrini has not had long at all to implement his ideas. Also, Negredo looks a fantastic acquisition and will score many, many goals. He should be the number 1 striker on the evidence so far (yes, ahead of Kun). And added to that, Pellegrini is prepared to yank the big names if they're not performing (Silva, Aguero). Nasri should start instead of Silva in our next match, IMO.

At least we won, and I'm sure we'll improve, but by God we need to!

Dirty Harry said:
I've got a feeling it's going to take sometime for Pellegrini to sort this out, the sooner the better or else we're going to get a right hammering from a decent team,

If we carry on like that in the CL we'll get fucking destroyed.

By Plzen.

3 points is the main thing but not the best of performances.

Again it all comes from our midfield imo. We are not closing down quick enough and letting players run at us. Yaya cannot close down quickly and is becoming a liability in a midfield pair. 442 isnt working currently as we cannot build attacks, once we went to 4231 we looked much more comfortable.

I know Yaya will never be dropped so would hope we try 433 with him running forward so he doesn't need to do much closing down and allow Fernandinho and Rodwell to do the defensive work.

Dzeko and Aguero didn't do much but were not really getting much supply due to our disjointed approach. Aguero seems to be trying too hard and doing too much himself, a bit greedy. Negredo played pretty well when he was on and has much better work rate than Dzeko.

Credit to Hull, Aluku, Brady, Huddlestone, Davies all played out of their skin.

Also playing newly promoted teams this early in the season is always tricky regardless of what you think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.