Hull City post match thread

Some really schoolboy defending, lack of cohesion and seriously poor work rates.
Ferni is not a £30M player!! He has got to step up and prove his hefty price tag.
Good to see Negredo scoring, he's got a Tevez style work rate, must be difficult not to have him starting now.
We really have to be more lethal and clinical in front of goal, put the chances away instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.
All in all an 'ugly' win. But a win all the same.

Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
But do you guys think Pellegrini has underestimated the level of competition you face in the PL? It sure looks like it to me.

He has done nothing but tell everyone listening just how strong and competitive the league is as many of the players have also done.

How dos that equate to him/us underestimating anybody?

Well he's hardly likely to say, "I think it's a fairly weak league with some very poor teams in it and free points up for grabs all over the place", is he.

And if he thought what you suggest, WTF was he thinking playing 4-4-2 away at Cardiff with willo-the-wisp Navas in a central 4 that quickly became a central 2, in front of Garcia - who's weaknesses must have already been very apparent to him from training and from his time in Spain. And Lescott, who's weaknesses must have been very apparent to him from saying hello.

I hope to God he did underestimate. If he did not, and that's how he thinks we should set up to play say Liverpool away, then oh my f***ing god are we in for some fun.

You are of course right and this season is already a disaster and the hunt for a new manager must start now ffs.

Out of interest mate, have you seen the league table this morning after just 3 games?

blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
He has done nothing but tell everyone listening just how strong and competitive the league is as many of the players have also done.

How dos that equate to him/us underestimating anybody?

Well he's hardly likely to say, "I think it's a fairly weak league with some very poor teams in it and free points up for grabs all over the place", is he.

And if he thought what you suggest, WTF was he thinking playing 4-4-2 away at Cardiff with willo-the-wisp Navas in a central 4 that quickly became a central 2, in front of Garcia - who's weaknesses must have already been very apparent to him from training and from his time in Spain. And Lescott, who's weaknesses must have been very apparent to him from saying hello.

I hope to God he did underestimate. If he did not, and that's how he thinks we should set up to play say Liverpool away, then oh my f***ing god are we in for some fun.

You are of course right and this season is already a disaster and the hunt for a new manager must start now ffs.

Out of interest mate, have you seen the league table this morning after just 3 games?

You can stop with the shit attitude right away pal.

I simply posed the question whether he had underestimated the competition, that is all. And your less than insightful reply was to say no because he had told people he hadn't.

Have I seen the fucking table? Fuck right off.

I can't believe I went through all that. The self-entitlement of the posts are off the charts!

Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:

I simply posed the question whether he had underestimated the competition, that is all. And your less than insightful reply was to say no because he had told people he hadn't.

Sitting 2nd in the league, 2 wins from 3, 6 points from 9, 2 clean sheets out of 3 and 8 goals scored.

He has under estimated nobody and the above backs that up in my opinion.

I will leave it there as you seem to be getting a little angry.

Hull back up with 10 men behind the ball every time we had the ball. We bossed the midfield. Shocker.

Bossing the midfield means nothing if that is not converted into goal chances -> goals. As silly as claiming one team was bossing the game because of possession. I could give a rats ass about possession. Scoring more goals than the opposition wins games, not possession.

Ask Bayern. They proved tiki-taka is shit if you never reach the goal. Bayern embarrassed the Barcelona football professors. Bayern also recorded the highest win in a semifinal in the CL in the history of the CL.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 am --<br /><br />
blueinsa said:
Sitting 2nd in the league, 2 wins from 3, 6 points from 9, 2 clean sheets out of 3 and 8 goals scored.

The above backs nothing since we will hardly be "second" after the full round has been played.

blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:

I was getting angry because of your twisting my innocent question into "it's a disaster, Pellegrini out" which I am absolutely not saying.

But for a man of 10,000 posts, I am just staggered you would take comfort from those stats and conclude Pellegrini took the opposition seriously.

I think its fairly evident he did underestimate our opponents, or else we would have surely not set up the way we did. The results tell nothing of the whole story.

Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:

I was getting angry because of your twisting my innocent question into "it's a disaster, Pellegrini out" which I am absolutely not saying.

But for a man of 10,000 posts, I am just staggered you would take comfort from those stats and conclude Pellegrini took the opposition seriously.

I think its fairly evident he did underestimate our opponents, or else we would have surely not set up the way we did. The results tell nothing of the whole story.

Mate, I just don't agree that he under estimated them in any way shape or form.

This is the premier league and teams are in there on merit. For me its time we started to give a little more credit to opposition managers and their players instead of just demanding we walk the ball in to the net on every attack.

Sure we are not at our fluent best but it will come imo. This is a marathon and not a sprint. Rags ended up pissing the league last year despite playing shite a lot of the times and grinding out the results and that's the exact same thing we need to do.

Yesterday we did just that and its the type of result that will win you the league.

We need to get used to the vast majority of sides sticking 10 behind the ball rather than opening up the game knowing full well we would murder them given the space in which to play and whilst its frustrating, its a fair tactic and as long as grind it out like yesterday, job done in my book and we move on.

As for the stats, i personally hate them as football is played on a pitch for all to see and im old school, trusting what i see rather than what some stat is saying but given some of the tosh being posted by some, "cant defend", "cant score", "toothless" etc, maybe it was time to roll them out and remind everyone that its not really been that bad so far.

Apologies fella if I came across sarcastic.

blueinsa said:
Ducado said:
blueinsa said:
We won 2-0 and bagged the 3 points.

Cant defend some say but that's 2 clean sheets in 3!

Cant score some say but that's 8 goals in 3 games!

The level of football knowledge on here of late is frankly delving new depths and many would do well to realise that this is the real world and not some computer game!

Rant over.
Amen

We are all guilty at times of going over the top with posts, me included but some of the crap coming out at the moment makes my eyes bleed and visits to Bluemoon are not what they once where.

We are 3 games in to a new season with several new players, new to the league, new to the country and new to team mates and we also have a new management team with new ideas.

Lets just give them all a little time to settle eh boys and girls as they seem to be doing ok for now if you sit back, breathe and actually look at the way we have started so far.
Its not the new players that is of the greatest concern..............its the form of players who've been here sometime............Yaya, Silva, Lescott, Aguero...............

The biggest consolation for me is United put in performances like that time and time again last year and still came out as Champions so no need whatsoever for the drama on here, albeit people are more than entitled to express an opinion or concern - that's the whole point of a forum is it not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.