Hull City post match thread

wayne71 said:
ban-mcfc said:
wish people would stop whinging, 3 points is 3 points.

job done, now lets move on.

It was a poor performance so people will complain, maybe if you'd actually watched the game you'd understand.
You don't get points for performances though!
You get them for scoring goals and winning.

Don't care how many passes, crosses, through balls or shots on target we had today. What I know is that two shots went in the net and we got three points.

Aguero, I will excuse as this is pretty much his preseason, but the rest of the team bar Nastasic, Negredo, Zabaleta, Fernandinho were sub par.

The Man With The Stick said:
Would love to see Negredo start up top on his own with two wingers and an extra midfielder. Can't see this 442 lasting long, it's poor to watch.

Great 3 points but a bit lucky at times... credit to Hull too.

We don't have two decent wingers though. Maybe play Negredo up top with Jovetic in behind. Navas right and Kolarov left?

Just a thought.

EaglesFan said:
If Pellegrini has any balls or brains - Aguero is on the bench in the next game. Give Dzeko - Negredo a shot.

Aguero had no preseason and Hull swarmed around him and made life dificult, including fouling him four times. He certainly isn't at his best but I think he needs to stay in the starting line-up.

CTID101 said:
wayne71 said:
ban-mcfc said:
wish people would stop whinging, 3 points is 3 points.

job done, now lets move on.

It was a poor performance so people will complain, maybe if you'd actually watched the game you'd understand.
You don't get points for performances though!
You get them for scoring goals and winning.

Don't care how many passes, crosses, through balls or shots on target we had today. What I know is that two shots went in the net and we got three points.

Thanks for pointing that out.

3 points and a few lessons to be learned. Negredo from start. Always. Lescott on the pitch only as last resort. Rather play Boyata. Milner in matches like these, against teams with less than a tenth of our budget. And never ever ever Yaya as captain. Never. His free-kicks however. .. :D

Apart from the first 30 minutes against Milan pre-season we've been desperately poor by our recent standards. Taking the Newcastle match out of the equation, with what I've seen so far this season we'd be lucky to make the top four.

I know we've got a new manager but good teams don't turn into average one's over night and we've been distinctly average this season so far. I'm sure Pellegrini will sort it out but hopefully we won't do too much damage to our season before we find some form.

By the looks of things, Hull will be safe this season. I thought they were excellent today but just lacked a Premiership standard cutting edge. Huddlestone was particularly impressive and tbh looked more a £30m player than Fernandinho. It's early days and it's another three points, but we need to sort our form out soon.

Lescott is not what we need in defence. Without Kompany we are leaderless and seemingly rudderless and its worrying that with the squad we have that we are reliant on any one player. I don't know what to suggest to resolve our sluggish start to the season, but we need a solution now before the cup competitions start to bite.

teddykgb said:
Also, think we're going to see a lot of 4-5-1 this season, it was smart of Hull and Huddlestone was born to play in that formation. He looked a totally different player than when Spurs tried to play him as more of a holding midfielder, which left him with too much ground to cover. With plenty of buddies around, he was able to ping passes around yaya and fernandinho most of the day.

We were really asking a lot of Yaya and Fernandinho today. Theoretically, when crowded out of the midfield, we should have had space out wide, but Hull (like Cardiff and Newcastle) seemed to be plenty aware of Navas' ability to take the ball wide. They brought 2 men out there and took away the deep space well, forcing him inside. Will be interesting to see if we can adapt.

I agree. Although, it's a little disturbing that it seems that opponents have figured out a plan against us already.

I think we're going to struggle to play with two strikers very often this season. Although, it'll be interesting to see what Jovetic brings to the table. Perhaps he'll play on the left hand side, instead of Silva?

I like the way the dzonkey fanboys are overlooking the fact the twat went and got changed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.