Hull City post match thread

Eccles Blue said:
Give Steve Bruce his due he has just said in his postmatch interview on MOTD that we are 'one of the best teams in Europe'

Even Robbie Savage pointed out the enormous flaws in our set up today and the huge spaces 'between' the centre backs.

On the last 2 games we aren't one of the best sides in the country never mind europe.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:30 pm --<br /><br />
OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
East Level 2 said:
So how come we missed him and he ended up in Hull? Or perhaps we've never had a manager who rated him; why?
Or could it be that he'd walk into our poorly performing side (today and last Sunday) but wouldn't have a chance the rest of the time?

I said squad not side.

He is better much than Garcia who currently occupies a place in our squad. Therefore he would walk into our squad.

Best player on the pitch today by the way.

Huddlestone had a pass completion of 76% and created on chance. Stunning!

And?

He bossed the midfield today. If you can't see that you really don't read the game well.

Caveman said:
OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
I said squad not side.

He is better much than Garcia who currently occupies a place in our squad. Therefore he would walk into our squad.

Best player on the pitch today by the way.

Same pass completion rate as Silva.

Doesn't disguise the fact he bossed the midfield.

Have you got any stats to how many second balls he won or how many times he beat our man to the ball, how many interceptions he made or tackles? He was the best player in the pitch today.

He was the best player on the pitch against us a few years back against Spurs when they dicked us 0-0.

A 0-0 dicking Caveman?! What a concept mate ;)

Stoned Rose said:
Eccles Blue said:
Give Steve Bruce his due he has just said in his postmatch interview on MOTD that we are 'one of the best teams in Europe'

Even Robbie Savage pointed out the enormous flaws in our set up today and the huge spaces 'between' the centre backs.

On the last 2 games we aren't one of the best sides in the country never mind europe.

The shackles are off now his mate Mancini has moved on........

Seen all this before. A team comes and gives a go. We win and with a clean sheet yet the opposition come out with credit. A team comes and shuts up shop, we struggle until late in the game but win with a clean sheet and the opposition come out with credit.

We won. We didnt play well. We are still trying to gel. There are issues. Plain to see. But people go overboard.

Stoned Rose said:
Caveman said:
OB1 said:
Same pass completion rate as Silva.

Doesn't disguise the fact he bossed the midfield.

Have you got any stats to how many second balls he won or how many times he beat our man to the ball, how many interceptions he made or tackles? He was the best player in the pitch today.

He was the best player on the pitch against us a few years back against Spurs when they dicked us 0-0.

A 0-0 dicking Caveman?! What a concept mate ;)
They did dick us i remember it well hart made numerous outstanding saves.

Not seen all 48 pages but one thing is standing out to me:

The players look as demotivated as the Cup Final.

Not seeing the passionate excitement just yet, the pressing has been pretty non existent and the attacking as toothless as before.

NQCitizen said:

Not seeing the passionate excitement just yet, the pressing has been pretty non existent and the attacking as toothless as before.

Toothless yet scored 8 in 3

OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:

And?

He bossed the midfield today. If you can't see that you really don't read the game well.

I'm all ears, educate me as to how he bossed midfield: it clearly wasn't because they had more of the ball or because they created more chances.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:05 pm --<br /><br />
johnmc said:
NQCitizen said:

Toothless yet scored 8 in 3

Scored twice as many as any other team at this moment.

With regards to Huddlestone, in terms of technical ability he really is superb, wouldn't be surprised if an England call-up was imminent, although playing for a so-called 'unfashionable' club might hinder his chances. Posted on the pre-match thread but I'm glad some of you agree, compare him to someone like Milner who cost you a ludicrous amount by comparison, Thudd's got so much more natural ability.

Well done on the win but just interested on your thoughts as to who was the better side, us or Cardiff? I think we had the tougher job given you're a more difficult proposition at home and many expected us to receive the backlash of an unexpected defeat, just interested in your views. Cheers.

mancity1 said:
We'll play better and lose and play worse and win.

That's football.

I'll take 2-0 at home anyday no matter the opposition.

If we won all our homes this season 2-0 would anybody seriously complain.

We will not play worse and win. Very lucky today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.