Hull Vs City Post Match Thread

karen7 said:
didsburyblu said:

Yes he was fine,tactical sub off near the end[/quote

Seemed to be hobbling and in pain from where I was stood so right decision to take off but wouldn't say it was entirely tactical. Sadly he's as fragile as a porcelain doll these days

Doesn't he always walk like that?
I was watching on dodgy streams so you have the better view
There were 3 successive tackles right through the back of his ankles none of which were given as fouls. He wasn't injured but I imagine he was in a bit of pain.

That's the kind of result that wins titles.

Thought Pellegrini's substitutions and change of tactics were superb. Very intelligent and demonstrated his intricate understanding of the game. The changes also showed the strength of our squad and having a man like Lampard to bring on to either close a game or push for a winner is such a blessing. I hope he stays for the whole season because we'll need him.

Would've turned into a Cardiff away or Villa away last season but Pellegrini has learnt and developed his approach in circumstances like today's.

Aguero is starting to look like 'peak' Aguero which is tremendous news for us. Looked very very sharp and strong today.

I quite like this new role Dzeko drops into occasionally. Basically becomes another midfielder and gives us a 5 in the middle. Think he plays it quite well given his limitations.

Mangala made 2 mistakes but other than that looked impressive again. Regained his confidence well after his mistakes.

Overall, very pleasing 3 points and a good, gritty performance.

Walked out of the door at 0-2 and arrive in the pub at 2-2. Mightily reblieved that all three points are in the bag, but looking forward to seeing how we let the lead slip.

Stoned Rose said:
That's the kind of result that wins titles.

Thought Pellegrini's substitutions and change of tactics were superb. Very intelligent and demonstrated his intricate understanding of the game. The changes also showed the strength of our squad and having a man like Lampard to bring on to either close a game or push for a winner is such a blessing. I hope he stays for the whole season because we'll need him.

Would've turned into a Cardiff away or Villa away last season but Pellegrini has learnt and developed his approach in circumstances like today's.

Aguero is starting to look like 'peak' Aguero which is tremendous news for us. Looked very very sharp and strong today.

I quite like this new role Dzeko drops into occasionally. Basically becomes another midfielder and gives us a 5 in the middle. Think he plays it quite well given his limitations.

Mangala made 2 mistakes but other than that looked impressive again. Regained his confidence well after his mistakes.

Overall, very pleasing 3 points and a good, gritty performance.

Not a criticism by any means and I'm sure he'll prove a great signing for us but mangala wasn't impressive today by any means. Poor for both goals and gave the ball away quite a few times in second half too. Tbh I thought Clichy was poor too.

The 4-2 scoreline flatters Hull a bit. Mangala had a mare today make no mistakes about it, but still have faith he will be a class signing after his incredible debut so won't slate him too much. Understood why Pellers put Caballero in as saw the 'Inside City' vid on YouTube and he made some great saves, so reassuring to see we have such strength in depth. Good result - onwards and upwards.

yatesy94 said:
The 4-2 scoreline flatters Hull a bit. Mangala had a mare today make no mistakes about it, but still have faith he will be a class signing after his incredible debut so won't slate him too much. Understood why Pellers put Caballero in as saw the 'Inside City' vid on YouTube and he made some great saves, so reassuring to see we have such strength in depth. Good result - onwards and upwards.

I thought the same, none of their goals were scored in open play

All this praise for Pellers!!
Anyone would think that he was a tactical genius with a "philoshophee"

Ducado said:
yatesy94 said:

I thought the same, none of their goals were scored in open play

At 3-2 they had two good chances . If they'd equalized it could have got ugly ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.