Hull Vs City Post Match Thread

there isnt a team in the world that would have lived with us in the first 20 minutes , sublime football and should have been 4-0 up , couple of silly mistakes , but great attitude from the team , to "go again" :) :) :) and take the points. Lampard looking ,like a very astute signing , he was a free transfer at the end of the season , so why didnt whinger sign him ? He cant stop talking about him.

Just got back.

First 20 mins excellent. Sublime football. And two great goals.

After that we got sloppy and we have to cut that out. Mangala not great in the first half and Yaya pass led to the penalty.

2nd half we got better but credit to Hull, they gave it a real go and even at 3-2 we had to rely on a good save.

Good backing from the fans today.

Dzeko doing what he does best and Navas looking good when he came on.

As for Lampard there is not much to say about him that hasn't already been said. I thought he was again superb when he came on.

As for the lad who felt the need to smack a fellow blue at half time on the concourse, leading to him dropping and on a concrete concourse, could have ended up worse than it was......whatever the argument, there is surely no need for that.

nellyonthewing said:
Ducado said:
yatesy94 said:
The 4-2 scoreline flatters Hull a bit. Mangala had a mare today make no mistakes about it, but still have faith he will be a class signing after his incredible debut so won't slate him too much. Understood why Pellers put Caballero in as saw the 'Inside City' vid on YouTube and he made some great saves, so reassuring to see we have such strength in depth. Good result - onwards and upwards.

I thought the same, none of their goals were scored in open play

At 3-2 they had two good chances . If they'd equalized it could have got ugly ...
So to sum up, none of their goals were scored in open play.

cleavers said:
nellyonthewing said:
Ducado said:
I thought the same, none of their goals were scored in open play

At 3-2 they had two good chances . If they'd equalized it could have got ugly ...
So to sum up, none of their goals were scored in open play.
Correct, apart from the header from Mangala. But all their other goals came from a set piece.

Reminded me of the Fulham away game last season. 2-0 up and looking like we'll score 5 or 6 then we go into 'Typical City' mode and Mangala pops one in his own net (as did Kompany at the Cottage) and before we know it it's 2-2!.......then we up it again and get the two late(ish) goals to seal it.

here are the highlights if you have not seen the game

<a class="postlink" href="http://hoofoot.com/?match=Hull_City_2_-_4_Manchester_City_2014_09_27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hoofoot.com/?match=Hull_City_2_- ... 2014_09_27</a>

A very good performance. For the first 20 minutes or so Hull were getting nowhere near us and Sergio was as near to unplayable as I think it's possible to be. He took his goal with clinical excellence and then Edin got a cracker and it looked as though we weren't going to stop at seven! But the demons of football weren't going to let that happen. Obviously Elia didn't show what we paid £30 odd million for, but as Vinnie said after the match at Anfield last season, as a defender you know it will happen sometime - and today we were in such dominant form that today was the best time to get it out of the way. By half time I couldn't see us getting seven in 45 minutes, but I could see us getting another four! Peller's substitutions made a big difference: Jesus gives us a lot of penetration away from home, Martin gave us a deal more solidity and Franc the Manc - simply sensational now he's working with a manager who knows how to get the best out of him!!!! In the end a very satisfactory afternoon, with four good goals and a good number of other chances, whereas Hull had, I would say, no more than four reasonable chances.

marco said:
here are the highlights if you have not seen the game

<a class="postlink" href="http://hoofoot.com/?match=Hull_City_2_-_4_Manchester_City_2014_09_27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hoofoot.com/?match=Hull_City_2_- ... 2014_09_27</a>

Much obliged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.