I’m A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here!

Indeed. Pressumably people applying this logic are happy to have Farage as a representative for all the over 50s in the world.

Spot on. I don't watch it because why would I bother when I can read this thread instead? But I assume the whole point is the people selected to go on it are going to be atypical in order to generate some sort of interest either negative or positive. So she'll be no more representative of the average 20 something, or even your average youtuber than Farage is of the average whatever older person.

Having said I don't watch it, I would however definitely pay a streaming service to watch a BM version, there's loads of people on here who would be well interesting to observe being cooped up together.

Last edited:
And forgive me in saying, but I’d have thought you are a certain age which you know to respect elders, or at least brought up that way, it’s nothing to do with slating youngsters, but if she’s a representative of the younger generation then god fucking help us

My lad (33) text me last night saying what he would of said to her and would probably of ended up being booted off the show, and I’d have thought many around that age would of shown the same discontent
I'm not watching it mate but the comments or actions of one person do not represent all young people. Nigel Farage doesn't represent my generation and whoever it was who did whatever they did doesn't represent my kids' generation.

You can't disparage a whole generation. That's my point. They are different but no better or worse.

''sums up the younger generation''

massive over generalisation that. Most young are down to earth and just get on with life. like every generation before them.
I generally disagree. I have a 21 year old daughter and a girlfriend who has a 19 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. They think life owes them a living.

The way they behave and their outlook on life compared to me at that age is startling.

And they are just 3 examples. Me and my four sisters have the same conversation about their kids as well, as well as work colleagues constantly berating the way their kids and their friends behave. One lad at work, not so long ago was reduced to tears by the way his 17 year old son behaves.

Social media had a lot to answer for!

I generally disagree. I have a 21 year old daughter and a girlfriend who has a 19 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. They think life owes them a living.

The way they behave and their outlook on life compared to me at that age is startling.

And they are just 3 examples. Me and my four sisters have the same conversation about their kids as well, as well as work colleagues constantly berating the way their kids and their friends behave. One lad at work, not so long ago was reduced to tears by the way his 17 year old son behaves.

If you can, ask your parents how you were at their age and they'll undoubtedly tell you that you didn't know you were born either compared to how tough life was for them! It's part of the ageing process. We all get older, think we had it tougher than our kids and expect them to show us more respect! The things my kids say to me I'd never have said to my parents, except I fucking did quite often and got a clip for it!

I think the majority of us can agree that Farage is an old **** and the youtuber is a young ****!

''sums up the younger generation''

massive over generalisation that. Most young are down to earth and just get on with life. like every generation before them.

Correct. It's got fuck all to with her age. Kim Woodburn has behaved exactly like Nella in her various appearances in reality TV and she's 81.

I've met girls who act like Nella, it's part of "black culture" to have this overbearing need for respect and to get peeved at any perceived slight it and behave irrationally because you can't back down. It's by no way exclusive to one group of people , (Kim Woodburn definitely has this attitude) but it is definitely an element of urban black culture.

But mostly it's because it's very likely she is just emotionally wired differently, she genuinely thought Fred was goading her because her emotions too over and warped her perception. Women like that can swap to being lovely to absolutely vile within moments.

You're right everything you describe never happened before social media, young people never skived or put in minimal effort and were never rude or even abusive to their parents.

It's funny how much this thread has grown over this "nothing" event.

A 26 year old youtuber who is an unknown to the majority of people watching I'm a celeb goes in and causes drama. "What an idiot" say the people at home, who have to work long hours to make money.
"What a genius" thinks the person who sees why she might go in and hog the limelight.

More clicks, more viewers, more money for the girl when she comes out.

She's basically doing exactly the same as Farage who will use the show to win over people and then try to use that to harness support and votes for whatever party he decides to cheerlead in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.