I Know It’s Over

Remember last season? No. It's not over.

I’m not too worried tbh, yes the results aren’t what we expect and we should’ve won at least 2 of our draws but it is what it is. Each year we all panic and everyone creates headlines about us but there’s still so many points left to play for with so many games, a few bad results doesn’t eliminate us for any race.

Our rivals must be worried because they know it's not over.

seems in some people's eyes you cant come on here and criticise the team after being taken apart by aston villa.
And giving up on the league in December? Don't these people remember some of our league titles, won from seemingly lost causes?

A. Constructive criticism is fine. It's to be encouraged, actually. Healthy debate. It's the knee jerk stuff that annoys me. But hey; some would say that's just FOC-itis kicking in.

B. The same folk who are hoisting the white flag, you hardly ever see them when we win. Strange.

Wasn't sure if a new thread was needed, or whether this is a relevant enough thread to post in, but...

I might be overthinking it, but our downturn in form seems to have come immediately after Everton's points deduction. I just wonder whether the players have got wind of something, and realise that we may actually be getting absolutely f**ked by the PL - and are losing interest in playing for us, knowing we'll be in the National League North in 18 months time!

Or, it might just be hugely distracting/uncertain for them.

Either way, I don't think it is helping and think we should be trying to get the whole thing resolved ASAP for the good of the club.

(I know some people will say we actually kicked on last season after the 115 charges were brought against us - but this is a new season)

Some bloke after the game on the way out told me we should be beating the likes of Villa cos there are shit

Probably seen a league table before or after the game
Or watched the match either

There are things to criticise.

Considering the season as over when you're 6 points back in December is moronic.
Spot on. I haven't accepted it's over. Will it be difficult to win it from here? Yes; of course it will. Stevie Wonder can see that. But impossible? No. We need to go on one of those runs that we're more than capable of. Something like, say, 10 - 12 wins on the spin. Put pressure on Arsenal and Liverpool. Let's see where we are when the clocks change in march.

Some bloke after the game on the way out told me we should be beating the likes of Villa cos there are shit

Probably seen a league table before or after the game
Or watched the match either
Tbf, we should be beating them.

It's just not catastrophe if we don't. Calling them shit is nonsense though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.