I think we will lose

cleavers said:
PaulPowre said:
What so they will just concentrate on the two ties with us and totally ignore the premiership games?. Or do you think they will play their strongest team twice a week for the whole of January?. Would that would be great preperation for the Champs league games coming in early Feb?.

As i said look at their squad and fixtures coming up before you make silly comments.

I bow to your obviously far superior knowledge of the rag team and fitness to me.

We'll see who is making the silly comments, when their teamsheet is provided on Wednesday.

Its just basic football knowledge..

They have injuries so their strongest team isnt even available, older players such as Neville, giggs, Scholes..etc will always struggle to play more than 1 game a week in subzero temps. The kids will not cope with our forwards and midfield. They are down to bear bones and will almost definetly look to keep the score down whilst playing a young team away and will hope to overturn any minus score at the home leg.

The whole football world knows they are a three man team at the moment Rooney, Evra and Vidic it is almost impossible to play the same 11 players for the best part of 6 weeks with the amount of games they have coming up.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
United were only a few players short of a full side, they had the option of not playing a full team, they could have played Valencia, Carrick and Giggs from the start, they had the home advantage, they played a league 1 team and the team they played together should have been good enough for a PL Game let alone a league 1 team, yet they lost.

We had far more injuries, we didn't need to start with our trio on the bench, we had a 19 year old at CB in his debut away at a Championship team in the snow and we won.

United have no excuses, they weren't good enough.

exactly right.

City did a great job - and lets not forget the conditions.

United were outplayed and outfought.

Make no mistake, City are on the rise and the rags are going the other way.

PaulPowre said:

They have injuries so their strongest team isnt even available, older players such as Neville, giggs, Scholes..etc will always struggle to play more than 1 game a week in subzero temps. The kids will not cope with our forwards and midfield. They are down to bear bones and will almost definetly look to keep the score down whilst playing a young team away and will hope to overturn any minus score at the home leg.

The whole football world knows they are a three man team at the moment Rooney, Evra and Vidic it is almost impossible to play the same 11 players for the best part of 6 weeks with the amount of games they have coming up.

Thanks for that, I'm only 6 so I didn't know.

honestly Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Evans, Fabio, Welbeck(Valencia), Gibson, Anderson(Owen), Gibson, Obertan(Giggs), Rooney, Berbatov should have been good enough for Leeds, with Carrick on the bench.

There's no excuse. Nor will there be any on wednesday because that team should be good enough, there's enough first teamers in it and experienced players.

cleavers said:
PaulPowre said:

Thanks for that, I'm only 6 so I didn't know.

Funny that i thought you were at least 10...

r.soleofsalford said:
city diehard said:
no one else is saying it...but i certainly think it.

and it's not naturally a pessamist but thats just what i feel.

anybody else think the same?

i think you might be right, but i hope not. we have a major defensive injury crisis and our attack looks like being at less than full strength. so if we get beat by them lucky retards, no blame can be leveled at the players or the manager. but if we win there will have to be some major piss taking in salford pubs. come on you blues

Shamefully I agree. If we had 3/4 of our full strengh out id be thinking more positive but sadly with most of our team in the physo room I cant see anything past a draw at Coms and a loss at the swamp.

If Leeds can beat the scum then the scum can beat us - especially now that it's pretty obvious that they will field their strongest 11, or something like it.

I'm still confident of a win tho.

cleavers said:
Why is the OP getting shit here ?

FFS, they were the last team I wanted in the semi, and I never understood why so many other people wanted them, and then just assumed we would do them if we got them. Them losing today was probably the worst possible result before Wednesday, they very rarely lose twice in a row ! Talk of their time coming to an end is ridiculous, and they will now be doubly up for it, as 1 route to silverware has gone, and winning things is what they do, they are 2 games away from the final, and they simply won't roll over for City, also he will now play his best 11 available, good, bring them on, because I'd sooner we beat their first team anyway.

However, ANYONE who takes the tie for granted is a mug, I've watched City long enough to NEVER assume anything, its clear that they are not a great side at the moment, but just being an optimistic fan will NOT win this tie. At 7:45pm Wednesday its 0-0, and they'll be as up for it as City (and they'll have 6000 of their most vociferous fans there). On the night, and over two games, CITY have to play better than them, but don't just assume we will, WE will also need to be right behind the team, and not just assuming that because Lids beat them we will.

That is not pessimistic, its using your head, some of you young blues need to wake up to real life, hating united does not win matches against them.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.