I Wanna Be A Door...

i'm at least a mile n half down the road from Heaton Park in the posh part of Unsworth n can hear that **** Brown from here loud n clear,just starting up with waterfall,GONNA HAVE A MOOCH DOWN TOMORROW

This isn't a complaint or anything, I'm just curious. Looking at the people wandering around town before in their best togs and wellies, the vast majority heading down there tonight didn't look like they were born first time round.

Everyone to there own and all that but why do so many people want to see a reunion of a band they don't remember at the time?

Fair enough, they knocked out a couple of quality records but wasn't it all about the scene and the buzz at the time as much as the actual music?

I mean, I can appreciate that The Beatles made a few decent tunes and were probably seen as ground breaking at the time but I wouldn't have any interest in going to see the scouse cunts if they did a comeback. ( From the dead in some cases. )

You know I don't blame the kids that weren't around at the time for being interested.

The ones that are pissing me off are the people who were at the 'right age' but slagged me off for being a fan at the time.

tidyman said:
This isn't a complaint or anything, I'm just curious. Looking at the people wandering around town before in their best togs and wellies, the vast majority heading down there tonight didn't look like they were born first time round.

Everyone to there own and all that but why do so many people want to see a reunion of a band they don't remember at the time?

Fair enough, they knocked out a couple of quality records but wasn't it all about the scene and the buzz at the time as much as the actual music?

I mean, I can appreciate that The Beatles made a few decent tunes and were probably seen as ground breaking at the time but I wouldn't have any interest in going to see the scouse cunts if they did a comeback. ( From the dead in some cases. )

Did it ever cross your mind that those that weren't born at the time, aren't treating it as a reunion but just like any other gig? I agree, a lad kissing merchandise and the fact that at least 20% of interviewees were wearing bucket hats in that video, that's embarrassing and slightly laughable, but again questioning any kid's motives in going to this particular concert, well it's very presumptuous and if you don't mind me saying, slightly pathetic.
Those that think it should be refined to those of the time are equally as pathetic as those who simply are going because it may be seen as the 'scene' thing to do this summer.

Joehannes said:
tidyman said:

Did it ever cross your mind that those that weren't born at the time, aren't treating it as a reunion but just like any other gig? I agree, a lad kissing merchandise and the fact that at least 20% of interviewees were wearing bucket hats in that video, that's embarrassing and slightly laughable, but again questioning any kid's motives in going to this particular concert, well it's very presumptuous and if you don't mind me saying, slightly pathetic.
Those that think it should be refined to those of the time are equally as pathetic as those who simply are going because it may be seen as the 'scene' thing to do this summer.

Sorry for been pathetic guvnor but if you read what I wrote, I'm not critisizing, saying they shouldn't be there or anything else negative. Just wondered what the attraction was for people who don't remember them at the time.

Sorry for causing offence.

i'm 20 and i can see why people would question why people our age would want to go like. Its not like a re-union for us, but its probably our one and only chance to see the stone roses, arguably one of the city's most iconic bands

11pm fireworks to end the show, I've just seen them from my upstairs window. I wonder if they had that stupid woman dancing on the stage as well, their music should be enough to entertain the crowd. I will remember them as they were thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.