i want de jong out of the team

imo as others have said de jong will be vital in the diamond type formation we will play. since i doubt a lot of the time we will play orthodox wingers, mancini in kolarov and boateng has bought 2 full backs who can bomb forward. if this will happen, we need an all out DM who wont get forward and hold infront of the defence breaking things up. i think that 2 of barry yaya and milner will occupy the two sides of the diamond with silva and aj fighting out the place at the tip of the diamond.

I am a big fan of de Jong; I think he does his job brilliantly and as others have said, he is probably one of the best, if not the best in the world.

Again, as others have mentioned, he allows our more creative forces to do their job properly without worrying about defending.

I once read NdJ say that he gets more satisfaction from a crunching tackle than from scori g a goal.

You need NDJ type players in a well balanced team. Every good team has a player in with a bit of grit.

NDJ is crap, he gets in positions (even with his mentality) to shoot, when he shoots, his embarrassing lack of technique effects the team. There is no sense at all in playing such a poor footballer, no matter how negative a tactics you are employing.

Gareth Barry breaks up play better than De Jong so what is the point in him:

Tackles won
Barry: 91
De Jong: 69

Tackles Lost
Barry: 22
De Jong: 27

Fouls Conceded
Barry: 64
De Jong: 44

Yellow Cards
Barry: 4
De Jong: 7

These last two stats, show that Barry is clearly the far more canny footballer, as he breaks up play (concedes a foul) far more ofter than De Jong but also far more subtly so he doesn't receive a yellow card.

Fouls Won
Barry: 56
De Jong: 44

You can not argue with these stats, they clearly show Gareth Barry is far better at breaking up the play than NDJ. And with that being true, in what way is NDJ better than Barry?? None whatsoever

(Stats from last season's PL)

Vienna_70 said:
As the old saying goes, "There are lies, damn lies and statistics."

I do not see though how these stats can be construed in any other way, the only other things I can think that could affect Nigel's ability are Interceptions and Distance Covered, unfortunately there are no stats available for these things. However on bith accounts I think GB would come out on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.