Ibra..would you have him yes or no?

More than likely he has had his nose pushed out of joint with the imminent signing of Cavani and the departure of Ancelotti.

Wouldn't be a case of first choice and second choice with Kun and Zlatan.

Both are adaptable in the sense that they could play very successfully either as a #9 or a #10, unlike Dzeko or Negredo.

Pellegrini likes playing with two strikers, so were Zlatan to join, his first choice partnership would undoubtedly be these two.

It would mean our two best players, in my opinion, were strikers. So, when fit and ready, play them both.

Joehannes said:
Wouldn't be a case of first choice and second choice with Kun and Zlatan.

Both are adaptable in the sense that they could play very successfully either as a #9 or a #10, unlike Dzeko or Negredo.

Pellegrini likes playing with two strikers, so were Zlatan to join, his first choice partnership would undoubtedly be these two.

It would mean our two best players, in my opinion, were strikers. So, when fit and ready, play them both.

Ideally, yes.

In reality, no.

Ibra cannot play with another striker next to him. It fails. All the time. I saw this far too many times at Milan, when he tried to line up next to Pato.

Ibra, over his career, has thrived as being the lone striker. He needs his space, his zone, the team works at his pace, not the other way around.

This is why I was never fond of him at Milan. He stifles exceptional players, but does manage to make lesser players look good (re: nocerino, boateng etc)

City to consider stunning bid for PSG's Ibrahimovic as they look to fill striking hole

Manchester City are weighing up a move for Swedish superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to reports in France.

New City boss Manuel Pellegrini has joined Real Madrid in the chase for the Paris Saint-Germain striker, who struck 33 goals for the French champions last season, report L’Equipe.

Ibrahimovic is reported to be one of several PSG players who are unsettled after the departure of hugely popular coach Carlo Ancelotti to Real Madrid.

With Edinson Cavani set to complete his move to PSG from Napoli next week, Ibrahimovic is understood to be open to a move away from the French capital.

Earlier this week, Ibrahimovic’s agent, Mino Raiola, approached Madrid chiefs with the ambition of persuading the Spanish giants to buy the forward, who has won league titles with six different clubs in four countries.

City, meanwhile, are in the hunt for a new goalscorer after allowing Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez to leave the club in the last six months and a £20million for the flamboyant Swede is believed to be under consideration.

Sportsmail understands that Pellegrini has identified Sevilla’s Alvaro Negredo and Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic as the two forward he would most like to bring in - but a move for former Inter Milan and Barcelona star Ibrahimovic could take precedence should City fail to land their top summer targets.

In his first press conference as City manager this week, Pellegrini admitted that he is determined to add some firepower to his ranks ahead of the new season.

He said: ‘We have two strikers at the moment and we need another one. We need a stronger squad with two players in each position.’

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2361981/Manchester-City-consider-stunning-bid-PSGs-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricke ... movic.html</a>

True_Blue69 said:
Blue Haze said:
How can we sign Jovetic, Negredo and Ibra? Certainly Ibra would be a big splash, but I can't see it with our new wages structure and the strikers we're buying.

What wages structure is this then?

Lower base pay with higher incentives. Ex: Navas on a basic 70k per week. Under the old structure, he would comfortably making over 100k per week.

Ibra reportedly takes home 14m per year net. That's roughly 270k per week x 2, because he demands his wages be net of taxes. So we would be paying 540k per week for him.

Ibra reportedly takes home 14m per year net. That's roughly 270k per week x 2, because he demands his wages be net of taxes. So we would be paying 540k per week for him.

not too many clubs can afford that, is he worth it?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Keith Moon said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Does a bear shit in the woods?

A true footballing freak of nature.

His fitness capacity is such, he will still be wreaking havoc when he is close to 40.

The only reason his wages are so high in Paris is to offset the stupid tax bracket.

He has the fear factor we have been lacking since the Sheikh rode to the rescue.

Only Messi, Ronaldo and now Bale, can also offer this, to force their way into opponents' psyche before a ball is kicked.

Would love to see it and his agent Mino owes us a favour or two.

We're monitoring his situation if to believe the source in France, sure we do, but would we if opportunity knocks, thats the question.

Along with the German press, I have always found French footie writers to have decent contacts within their respective clubs.

Begiristain certainly had no issue helping to bring Ibra to Barca. He and Mino got on well with moving on Mario, so we do have that in our favour.

It ticks a lot of boxes, but that does not legislate for interest from Madrid, and Ibra's chance to work again with Ancelotti and put one over Barca.

I don't think the numbers would be a problem, more if the player finally wants to experience English football.

Christ, look what he did to England last year. Joe Hart is still having nightmares!!!

L'Equipe had it as an exclusive, probably briefed by Raiola himself, maybe he's just playing the 'ol Manchester City card to speed things up with Real, but hopefully not.

If we get Ibra we will be champions of England again, simple as that.

Negatives: He can't spell holistic, his wag doesn't fancy Manchester, he has unfinished business in Spain, he won't fit in to our new wage structure. We're "close" to Negredo / Jovatic.

Positives: He has said that he wants to end his playing days in the US and he loves NYC, involved in real-estate projects there. He has good friends at City in Yaya and Vieira. He's perfect for 4-3-3. He wants to add a PL winning medal to his trophy cabinet....

In a heart beat. He is the one player I have wanted to see in a City shirt for years. i love everything about the guy.

We are a loveable nutter short at the minute and he would fill the role perfectly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.