Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

Wow, talk about getting massively defensive over someone else's opinion that differs from yours. I've seen the incident and read many different views all over the world.

1st Opinion: People are saying he should be locked up for murder. That means they believe he intended to kill him which is absolute bollocks.

2nd opinion: Why do you think that? If my mate was killed and I thought someone had done it out of negligence and tried to hurt him I'd be coming out and saying so. Or just saying nothing as opposed to coming out and defending him. As you say they'd have been advised not to say anything, but they have actually jumped to Petgraves defence.

As a Hockey fan you'll know that when players are skating at speed and lose balance and fall forward your skates can go up in the air won't you? Which is what it looked like to me. Like I said this has happened before, although the lad didn't die.

We can revisit this when he's found not guilty in a court of law. Which I'm confident will happen.
It’s not that you disagree with my point of view, more that you make sweeping statements. In your view, anyone who knows about ice hockey knows it was accidental while people who don’t follow the game all think it was deliberate.

I haven’t seen a single view on here or on Twitter saying he should be done for murder. He’s been arrested for manslaughter. You do know the difference right?

Where to start with this load of old shite.

1st opinion: I haven't seen anyone claim that he meant to kill Johnson. Just that he tried to "leave one on him" and it went horribly wrong. I've also read the views of many professional ice hockey plays who say this looks to be the case.

For point 1. There’s tons of it on social media. Some proper vile views too. The worst being that this was an intentional racist anti white murder!!

For point 1. There’s tons of it on social media. Some proper vile views too. The worst being that this was an intentional racist anti white murder!!
Fair enough. They’re fuckwits then. Anyone debating this reasonably will be somewhere between complete accident and an attempt at a shithouse act gone terribly wrong. I only posted to challenge the ludicrous statements of whatever his username is that all people who understand ice hockey think one thing and anyone who doesn’t follow the game thinks something else.

It’s not that you disagree with my point of view, more that you make sweeping statements. In your view, anyone who knows about ice hockey knows it was accidental while people who don’t follow the game all think it was deliberate.

I haven’t seen a single view on here or on Twitter saying he should be done for murder. He’s been arrested for manslaughter. You do know the difference right?
There have been a few, as has been pointed out to me when I said similar. I would imagine twitter is much worse. Agree with the rest.

Fair enough. They’re fuckwits then. Anyone debating this reasonably will be somewhere between complete accident and an attempt at a shithouse act gone terribly wrong. I only posted to challenge the ludicrous statements of whatever his username is that all people who understand ice hockey think one thing and anyone who doesn’t follow the game thinks something else.
Majority of actual Hockey fans and ex players are in agreement it was an accident. Even on here if you read back.

Whatever his username is. Behave. Cellulite

Majority of actual Hockey fans and ex players are in agreement it was an accident. Even on here if you read back.

Whatever his username is. Behave. Cellulite

In fairness, you did say 'all' hockey fans previously. And you did say the other opinion is by 'anyone that knows nothing about the game'.

Both are bollocks, and rightly argued.

It is not at all exclusive to one or the other. Plenty on both sides of that imaginary and arguably irrelevant divide with both sets of opinions.

In fairness, you did say 'all' hockey fans previously. And you did say the other opinion is by 'anyone that knows nothing about the game'.

Both are bollocks, and rightly argued.

It is not at all exclusive to one or the other. Plenty on both sides of that imaginary and arguably irrelevant divide with both sets of opinions.
Fine. But I stand by my opinion. It was an accident.
I also have a habit of going way too in on my own opinions aswell. Symptom of ADHD I reckon

Please not a legal expert as many on here are..but I suspect he will be prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter, but my understanding is that does not always mean a prison sentence.
As for ice hockey.Was the doc for the Medway Bears Gillingham. Now the team was mostly Canadians, and trust me they were tough..fights all the time, and could never understand why they took their helmets off and started beating each other..split heads stitched up without local,just get me back on the ice doc..a tough sport. Never saw anything like that tackle, and in truth can not remember the rules, but some have pointed out it was wrong.
In truth, I feel there was obviously no mal intent of death, but, equally it was a bad interaction. Trust me one day we will see the same on a footy pitch. Someone hits the back of the knee or groin and a stud severs the popliteal or femoral artery. I suspect the law comes first, and whatever we all think about intent becomes secondary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.