Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

Horrible news. This has to be a freak accident.
In all the years over here I can only ever remember one other major incident like this and I don't think it ended with the player dying.
Yep very rare. I think some fella ex-military ended up acting fast doing first aidto save him?

Awful it happened in sport. I don't know if they figure out a way to prevent this happening again

Yep very rare. I think some fella ex-military ended up acting fast doing first aidto save him?

Awful it happened in sport. I don't know if they figure out a way to prevent this happening again
Yeah, not sure how it happened but it sounds like a high skate I'm guessing it might have nicked the players neck?
There's only a small area that's unprotected so a lot of it is sheer bad luck.

Yeah, not sure how it happened but it sounds like a high skate I'm guessing it might have nicked the players neck?
I reckon so mate. Freak injury. A bit like when that batsman for Australia got hit with the ball it was one in a million type hit that killed him

I've, unfortunately, seen the video and the poor bloke didn't stand a chance.
The speed of the collision coupled with what appears to be a full blade/boot impact into the neck....it's brutal.
I imagine even just a nick on the neck could be fatal, but this was way worse than that, sadly.

How he manages to get up after the impact I've no idea; thankfully the video ended as he starts skating off with a teammate trying in vain to help him.

Awful for the guys family, teammates, fans and anyone in attendance.
The other player involved must be feeling terrible too; not sure how'd you ever move on from that, despite it being a tragic accident.

The EIHL put out a message with some links for anyone that may need help after witnessing it. If they feel they need it here is the tweet with the links to resources that can help out.

Thanks mate I will pass it on.

Just seen the clip on Twitter wish I hadn't now awful stuff. The other guy there was no need to smash into him recklessly asking for trouble whether it be a head injury or causing a bone break. Unfortunately on this occasion, it was a much more tragic outcome R.I.P Adam.

Last edited:
I've seen the video. Very innocuous but odd collision with sickening consequences.

Fingers crossed he pulls through and the medical staff got to him quick enough.

I'm a season ticket holder at Storm and despite all of the padding the players wear, there's so many areas of the body that are exposed and freak accidents like this can happen.

Out of interest - purely my own ignorance - but why isn’t the neck covered? Or is it?

I’m amazed stuff like this doesn’t happen more often and equally amazed that every bit of skin isn’t covered given the speed of the play and sharpness of the blades.

Horrible injury.

Just seen the clip on Twitter wish I hadn't now awful stuff. The other guy there was no need to smash into him recklessly asking for trouble whether it be a head injury or causing a bone break. Unfortunately on this occasion, it was a much more tragic outcome R.I.P Adam.
Petgrave comes in to deliver a hip check but gets clipped by another Panthers player sending him completely off balance and into a spin. The angle of the video doesn't show it very well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.