I'd be reluctant to lose Kolarov

Renew Alex's contract or pay £27m for Shaw. In the immediate term the former is a better option for us. Longer term Shaw might be the better option - but with Kolorov and Clichy we don't need to take a £27m gamble at the moment. Other options will come a long in time.

hope Kolarov and Clichy will stay. both of them are quality. LB position should be our least worry at the backline. we need to reinforce in CB and RB. Kolarov not just can play LB, both him and Clichy can play together on the left side.

MaineRoadBlue said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Kolarov was not at the Parade today, because he has already gone..........

...to America! He was on my flight to Chicago on Monday morning. Probably connecting to LA or something.

Enjoy your hols, Aleks!!!

Kolorov was at the parade, and further more when interviewed he clearly stated his agent is talking to City with regard to a contract extension.

Best all round left back in the Premier League by some distance.

Bastard gate agent! Must have been a typical lying Rag at MAN! Even told me he was connecting thru Chicago!!

On your second point, he and Zaba were BY FAR the most productive, attacking full backs in the league with 13 assists.

Can't trust anyone anymore. My apologies.

If one has to leave I would sell Clichy sooner than Kolarov. But cant see any team paying around 10m for Clichy maybe only Monaco if they need a LB. For Kolarov we could get around 10-12m maybe from Juventus.

In an ideal world, we'd keep the four Balkan boys together. They clearly get on and this adds to team spirit. But nothing is forever and commercial decisions have to be made.

Didn't sound like he was going when being interviewed by Nicola Macarthy on the bus yesterday although you never really can tell, don't think he is one of the highest paid so we might have to offer him better terms to stay

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Didn't sound like he was going when being interviewed by Nicola Macarthy on the bus yesterday although you never really can tell, don't think he is one of the highest paid so we might have to offer him better terms to stay

Better terms for someone who can't defend?

Sorry missed these " "

All depends on how he feels about taking a pay cut for a new contract. We have a new structure in place and the days of paying huge base salaries have gone - they have to as it's not sustainable. That said he looked happy recently, has played well and seems an important figure in the dressing room. Hope the squad stays together but a club like ours is constantly evolving and there will be some that move on.

On a slightly unrelated topic I loved the fact that Negrado ran half the pitch to sort out Noble when he was having a go at Sergio - Most missed the terrible stamp on our Sergio by O'Brien and when Sergio took it out on Noble, Alvaro was right there to sort it out. Good to see. Team spirit.

Mr HJ said:
All depends on how he feels about taking a pay cut for a new contract. We have a new structure in place and the days of paying huge base salaries have gone - they have to as it's not sustainable. That said he looked happy recently, has played well and seems an important figure in the dressing room. Hope the squad stays together but a club like ours is constantly evolving and there will be some that move on.
I'd imagine the new salary will still be higher than anything he could hope to earn elsewhere, and that's the only benchmark that really matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.