IF we win against wolves

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Only interested in vengeance of biblical proportions. I once saw City give away a two goal lead to Wolves at Maine Road in the '50s and it has not yet been erased from my cerebral hard disk. A thumping good win would go some, but not all, of the way to exorcising a childhood nightmare. Where we stand after that is the bonus!
you dont hold onto a grudge for long do you? :-)

dctid said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Then we sit top of the premier league for the night but more importantly the game the next day can lead to one of two favourable outcomes for city and one thats not as great but still a good point.

1. United win - tottenham sit 9 points behind us and surely then our top four spot is confirmed pretty much. (i already think it is)

2. Spurs win - We sit top of the premier league for the week and we'd have to be taken seriously as title contenders by those that arn't already

or last and not as good as the other two

3. Draw - We sit joint top of the table behind only on goal difference and 8 points clear of tottenham.

Which option would you pick???

Draw always a draw

We cant win the league and there are four good reasons

Evra
Vidic
Ferdenand
Rafael

This is the best back 4 in the league and only our Vinny would be good enough to play in it in place of camel gob
Oh dear, you're taking the piss aren't or have you dropped some particularly bad acid.

stony said:
I'm edging on the side of caution and want us to be well rid of Spurs. We don't want an arse twitching will we, won't we, end to the season.
Agreed, not only spurs but Chelsea , we can get 2nd if we keep winning and arsenal fade as usual. We are than well place should the scum slip up,it only takes a serious injury to Webb or clattenburg and we've cracked it.

Sir Alex Fergiscum said if Rooney is not fit for the Spurs tie,he is playing Howard Webb up front with Berabatoss, like he did last week.

Doesn't this thread just go to show how unused to being at the top end of the prem we are pmsl ?!

I'll take a draw, utd and spuds both lose ground.

Draw would be best imo. It is the same when any of the teams around us play each other. Any of the results is acceptable as at least one of our rivals has to drop points but a draw and two of our rivals drop points...

I think there's a lot of caution because of how much Spurs have dicked us down the years. It's certainly made me paranoid. Based on where we are now (and in relation to the other teams in the top 5) City have exceeded my expectations thus far this season, and although I'd love it, (and will probably get accused of 'small mentality', 'scared of success' for saying this) I honestly don't see us winning the title this season.
Draw would be best, but otherwise a Spurs defeat.

Kinky Dribbler said:
I think there's a lot of caution because of how much Spurs have dicked us down the years. It's certainly made me paranoid. Based on where we are now (and in relation to the other teams in the top 5) City have exceeded my expectations thus far this season, and although I'd love it, (and will probably get accused of 'small mentality', 'scared of success' for saying this) I honestly don't see us winning the title this season.
Draw would be best, but otherwise a Spurs defeat.

At least you admit to your small mentality syndrome and are openly honest about it. Perhaps that's the first step in your rehab to joining the higher winning mentality club.

This thread is very interesting. It's an acid test in a sense. It weeds out those who see us as genuine contenders, who believe we should be striving for the very top and being brutally disciplined mentally in saying so, and those who still find it safer to side with caution for risk of being let down 'again'.

Maybe, we should just focus on ourselves, because everyone else has they eyes well and truly fixed on us. Everyone, Utd fans, Arsenal fans, Chelsea fans, Spurs fans. Maybe we should just focus on beating Wolves, Leicester Villa. Or maybe, that might start the crap flowing in the pants of those who already need a lie down at the worry of it all going wrong and us missing out on 4th again

I quite enjoy not being particularly worried about other results, as long as we get 3 points against Wolves we can sit back and watch the Scum/Spuds game safe in the knowledge that any result can be seen as a positive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.