Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But when Pep picked him "I'm picking Gundo above David, Bernardo or Phil, because....."

I'm wondering what the next line is, because watching the game I have absolutely no answer, no matter how I look at it.

No I'm with you. Inexplicable. And he had ninety minutes to stop scratching his head and change it. He fucked it again.

No I'm with you. Inexplicable. And he had ninety minutes to stop scratching his head and change it. He fucked it again.

The only answer I can come up with is " they need to be 100% fresh for the Bayern game ".
Nothing else makes any sense. But even then, he would have still subbed them on, unless he was waiting for extra time ? I can't fathom it.

Gundogan can play 6 and only 6 in this side.

He will do ok in 90% of games because we are typically playing opposition that aren’t as good as us, they don’t press us and barely step foot in our half. I am fine with him in games like this.

In the remaining 10% of games, where we are playing sides that are either better than us, or are at least willing to have a go at us, he will be shown up for what he is...a decent footballer on the ball, a pedestrian coward off it.

agreed

Same as my comments on the Rodri thread.

Gundo doesn't have the ability to cover ground. If you play him next to Rodri against teams with high energy in midfield we will more often than not get beat.

He is a good player but needs legs next to him.

Needs to go or be resigned to something like 1500 minutes and not 3000. Completely washed in the modern game. Adds absolutely nothing outside of recycling possession, and as we can all see isn’t as valuable as it has been. The games evolving. This pseudo 6 / pseudo 8 role is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.