Injuries whilst celebrating a City Goal

My dad was injured when someone behind him started ringing a bell to celebrate a 'goal' and the top came off hitting him on the head.

He said he wouldn't have minded but it was offside!

Tore my left cruciate knee ligament at Sheff United - Full Members or Simod (or whatever it was called) mid 80's I think,walking back to my mates car and trod on an empty drinks can, ended up on my arse with this unbelievable pain coming from my knee, spent the night in a&e, operated on a month or so later and if i remember right we lost.

Re: Injury's whilst celebrating a City Goal

i kne albert davy said:
waterloo blue said:
Broke my ankle against Huddersfield,when Gidman equalised late into injury time,That fat **** Alan Potter landed on it.Went to a 21st that night, dancing the lot,plenty of liquid painkiller.
The following morning I was in agony,neighbour drove us to A&E.The following replay Potter took the piss,I went twat the prick with my cruthches in the three nuns pub.
I was on that trip you bare a grudge it was about 22 years ago, i didn't mind him drinking me left over beer but i drew the line at him jumpin on me foot.
It nearly cost my job at the time,just had a month off after doing my ankle ligament playing football.When he started taking the piss it was the straw that broke the camels back.Plus the Ashton blues weren't too keen on him at the time for some reason.

Re: Injury's whilst celebrating a City Goal

QuickSilva said:
accidentally punched my dad in the face when yaya scored on the rags
So you injured your fist?

Yaya against the rags...took the whole of the skin off the front of my right leg when the ball hit the net. Jumped forward and only realised when I felt the warm blood seeping through my jeans.. Fuck that hurt!

not so much an injury although it could of been,

west brom away in the cup when i was a kid, i was listening on the radio at home, when we equalised i jumped up fist in the air and proceeded to punch out the light above me, shattered glass everywhere.
mum and dad weren't too impressed i can tell you.

Adebayor's header against Arsenal, my mate behind me pushed me when i was right upto the seat in front of me.
I landed TWO rows in front of me, my teeth cut open all my lip and it was pissing blood!

When we got out the ground my mates were talking about Adebayor's celebration - i'd completely missed it and didnt have a clue what they were on about

Almost broke several fingers when Kinky scored 'that' goal against Southampton. I was on the back row of the Umbro stand at the time, jumped up throwing my hands in the air & smashed my right hand on the stupidly low ceiling!

Also in the East stand in my old block 303 (now in 304) some pissed up tit fell about 4 rows after celebrating a goal & I was the unlucky sod who broke his fall. I ended up 2 rows down as a consequence, head butted some poor kid on my way & had said pissed up tit sprawled across my trapped legs apologising. Ever since I have very little feeling in my little finger & a fear of being dive bombed by nobheads!

My dad told me about when he was my age cant remember the game but he broke his ankle whilst cheering then stayed until the end of the game then had to be taken by the paramedics the tool . Touch wood worst i have had is been picked up then put back down well not where i started and ended up with a bruise all the way up my leg.

had the usual bruised calfs from those seats. I got crushed against one of those bars after we'd scored when stood in the Kippax when I was a kid, that happens to most people I think but you're wary of it after that.
My worse was Hamburg away a few years ago, I was stood on my seat and when we scored early doors I got a push from the back and ended up tailing it two rows in front of me with a few other fellow blues doing the same, had a sore everything after that but thankfully nothing broken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.