Insanity work-out

Jordan CTID said:
Just done the fitness test. Absolutely knackered.

Quick question: I don't eat a lot of protein, or have big meal portions, i just snack a lot. Should I be having a protein shake for breakfeast or something or will it make no difference (I'm doing this for fitness and abs, not for major weight loss). Cheers.

The diet side is mainly for people trying to lose weight. If you are already slim and just after the fitness side of things i wouldn't get too caught up on the nutrition side, just try to eat regularly. If you can, eat porridge for breakfast to give you the slow releasing carbs that will ultimately give you the energy to do the insanity workout and eat protein within an hour or as soon as you can afterwards, (eggs are the easiest and quickest way) if you get those 2 nailed and eat reasonably healthily/varied for the rest of the day you should be fine.

Is it aimed at fitness bods or is it suitable for a 36 yr old who's done no physical exercise of not since high school, not fat but grooming a nice beer gut, & most definitely out of shape cardiovascularly?

Whoever mention Kerry katona DVDs, if you've got some goin spare, I don't have any standards!

This is killing me. Not starting until next week as I'm out on the beers Friday night. So have just done a couple of the dvd's (fit test and plyometric cardio) just to see how it is. Can barely move now, feel about 90.

Looking forward to getting started proper next week. Also dreading getting started proper next week.

i've got that terry phelan said:
Is it aimed at fitness bods or is it suitable for a 36 yr old who's done no physical exercise of not since high school, not fat but grooming a nice beer gut, & most definitely out of shape cardiovascularly?

Whoever mention Kerry katona DVDs, if you've got some goin spare, I don't have any standards!

I was stupidly unfit when I started it but it soon gets you into shape. The first few weeks are really going to kick your arse if your unfit but once you get through a few weeks you will look at your fitness test results and be amazed how much more you can do. It's not aimed at fitness bods but it also isn't aimed at your casual lazy gym user it really is insane.

Cheers for the quick responses, finished day two before, fucking knackered! Going to be worth it in 58 days time though

Jordan CTID said:
Cheers for the quick responses, finished day two before, fucking knackered! Going to be worth it in 58 days time though

Adjusting your diet,especially upping your protein and introducing healthy fats,complex carbs will make a big difference to your recovery and subsequent progress.

Protein is essential at breakfast,before and after a workout.

FantasyIreland said:
Jordan CTID said:

Adjusting your diet,especially upping your protein and introducing healthy fats,complex carbs will make a big difference to your recovery and subsequent progress.

Thanks mate, what's good for breakfeast that's not any of that sloppy stuff like porridge and
wheatabix?

Jordan CTID said:
FantasyIreland said:
Jordan CTID said:

Thanks mate, what's good for breakfeast that's not any of that sloppy stuff like porridge and
wheatabix?

muesli

Looking to bulk now however I'm at uni so a bit restricted. What's the views on this, feel free to rip apart. I won't be doing Insanity, posting here as the fitness thread has sailed somewhere.

Breakfast, 7AM -
2 Weetabix
2 Peanut butter on wheat bread
1 Tall glass of milk
1 Apple
1/2 Cup cooked lentils

Snack, 10AM -
1 Scoop whey
1 T/S Peanut butter

Post-work out shake, 12:30 -
2 Scoop whey
1 Banana

Post-work out meal, 14:00 -
1 can tuna
1 portion rice
1 portion lettuce
1 portion pepper
8 olives

16:00 -
3 boiled eggs
1/2 Cup cooked lentils

19:00, Dinner -
200g lean meat cooked with 1 T/S Olive Oil
1 portion green veg

Snack, 9PM -
1 whey scoop
1 T/S Peanut butter

Not too sure what it's like? Maybe throw in a wheat sandwich with chicken or turkey breast for lunch? Should I throw in pasta somewhere? God knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.