Insomnia

''Sleep is the interest we have to pay on the capital which is called in at death; and the higher the rate of interest and the more regularly it is paid, the further the date of redemption is postponed.''

Sorry for the quote but it is sound. Insomniacs get a raw deal. A life without proper intermissions of unconsciousness is a tormented life. Imagine not "starting a new day" but almost continuously living through it.. not a happy thought. Normal people like to say 'today is a new day' - what do the sleepless say? it is virtually a continuation of un-shut-out-able experience.

We need the pauses to stay sane.

''Sleep is the interest we have to pay on the capital which is called in at death; and the higher the rate of interest and the more regularly it is paid, the further the date of redemption is postponed.''

Sorry for the quote but it is sound. Insomniacs get a raw deal. A life without proper intermissions of unconsciousness is a tormented life. Imagine not "starting a new day" but almost continuously living through it.. not a happy thought. Normal people like to say 'today is a new day' - what do the sleepless say? it is virtually a continuation of un-shut-out-able experience.

The sleepless say, oh fuck the sun is coming up

...that said, I'm an absolute prick to wake up in the mornings. I could sleep through a nuclear holocaust. I've been late for work on quite a few occasions because of it, and need about 3 different alarms to wake up.

You were at Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

My wife would say that explains a lot of things. Got 4 hours of sleep last night and to be honest, I'm feeling pretty darn good today. I've always been a morning person, which I find interesting in that most insomniacs that I know feel they are as well. I do believe that rest is more important than sleep, but make no mistake, sleep is vital.

I'm in an awful cycle of waking up about 3ish, alarm goes off at 6 then I'm so tired I go to bed at 9.00pm them hey ho wake again at 3 :(

I'm in an awful cycle of waking up about 3ish, alarm goes off at 6 then I'm so tired I go to bed at 9.00pm them hey ho wake again at 3 :(

Exactly the same. Fall off to sleep easy enough but wake up, need the loo, then am absolutely wide awake for at least the next two hours. Knackered the next day drink a load of caffeine to get through the day then absolutely bolloxed and ready for bed at 9.

It's starting to become a habit. Yet I'm probably fitter and healthier than I've been for years. No stress, blood pressure spot on, just don't get it.

By the way where've you been hiding BluBear Boots, have you had a lengthy ban??!!

Exactly the same. Fall off to sleep easy enough but wake up, need the loo, then am absolutely wide awake for at least the next two hours. Knackered the next day drink a load of caffeine to get through the day then absolutely bolloxed and ready for bed at 9.

It's starting to become a habit. Yet I'm probably fitter and healthier than I've been for years. No stress, blood pressure spot on, just don't get it.

By the way where've you been hiding BluBear Boots, have you had a lengthy ban??!!
Too much caffeine lovely,it will keep you awake and make you pee,bite the bullet and cut it out,short term pain and all that

Too much caffeine lovely,it will keep you awake and make you pee,bite the bullet and cut it out,short term pain and all that
I know Karen I really need to knock it on the head ....but I don't have hot drinks and water 24-7 is just dull! Soon be hot Vimto weather again I'll be alright then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.