International Friendlies 21st-28th March

Yes bad wording on my part. I’m in the middle of something else and couldn’t think of another term. ;-)
Fair enough then. My point being, and I'm pretty much on the fence as to whether its a foul, or not a foul, but its not "clear and obvious", which is part of the issue, but my biggest issue, is that if I'm in the top level at wembley tonight, I have no idea why a penalty was given, after a corner was initially given.

Fair enough then. My point being, and I'm pretty much on the fence as to whether its a foul, or not a foul, but its not "clear and obvious", which is part of the issue, but my biggest issue, is that if I'm in the top level at wembley tonight, I have no idea why a penalty was given, after a corner was initially given.
VAR can work. All of the gripes tend to be how it’s implemented.

Law 12: A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
  • charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

I’m not convinced that the challenge could have been described as careless, reckless or using excessive force, so I don’t see how a foul can be given, especially as football is a contact sport.

Law 12: A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
  • charges
  • jumps at
  • pushes
  • tackles or challenges
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

I’m not convinced that the challenge could have been described as careless, reckless or using excessive force, so I don’t see how a foul can be given, especially as football is a contact sport.
It was careless, if I were to assume.

• charges
  • jumps at
  • pushes
  • tackles or challenges

Even if it was deemed to be careless or reckless, the above criteria says nothing about touching someone’s arm or ankle. You can touch someone’s ankle thankfully otherwise any corner or any situation where there are lots of players in a small area would almost certainly lead to a penalty. The referee got it wrong. Shocking decision.

Even if it was deemed to be careless or reckless, the above criteria says nothing about touching someone’s arm or ankle. You can touch someone’s ankle thankfully otherwise any corner or any situation where there are lots of players in a small area would almost certainly lead to a penalty. The referee got it wrong. Shocking decision.
The irony is that he actually got it right until he looked at VAR!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.