International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thats petty. Both he and Messi are probably the two best players you will have ever seen in your lifetime and the same will bear true for your children as well.

Enjoy these players while they are here because they won’t last forever.
maradona, platini, baresi were all playing in my lifetime, and all are legends I would put ahead of fake ronaldo (the real one is from brasil).

only messi comes close to maradona

Since you're having real difficulties with this one, I'll help you out a wee bit.

If the decision awarded was "offside", this would have resulted in an indirect free kick to Scotland.

The actual decision awarded was a direct free kick (see graphic below), for a foul - as displayed on screen and as fed to the commentary by UEFA officials.

Here ↓ the arm gesture which accompanies a direct free kick. Honest to god, the concept of this is basic, it's a real shame you can't seem to grasp it.

View attachment 95783

And for further weekend reading to help enhance your knowledge of the rules of the game (no need to thank me):

Another angle that shows it was given for offside now.

Serious question. Would anyone miss international football if it got binned?

No. Hardly anybody I know likes it. If you support a team vying for honours it's just a fucking massive inconvenience. Like the champions league they are adding more and more games to the schedule out of pure greed. If you support a club not likely to win honours the national team seems to more important in your life.

I find the international break far less interesting than club football. I have wondered if this is the same for fans of non-PL clubs, especially given that we have been spoiled with quality for a decade now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.