IPTV

If you want to hardwire the Firestick buy a gigabit USB ethernet adapter and OTG cable. Don't buy Amazon's official one as it isn't gigabit and limited to 100mbps. I have a 2nd Generation Cube and 4K Max Stick attached this way and get speeds of around 330mbps hardwired. It's better having it hardwired even if you are sacrificing a bit of speed.

If your device is a number of years old...upgrade it! My uncle was faffing around with a first generation one the other day and I couldn't believe how slow it was. Told him to bin it. Even if you don't have a 4K tv get either the standard 4K, 4K Max or 2nd/3rd Gen Cube. They're quicker and futureproof yourself for when you do come round to investing in a better tv.

Last edited:
I am happy to pay for Sky , BT, Amazon etc what really fucks me off is I cannot see my team live on the box when they are in a 3pm kickoff at the other end of the country but Pablo of Rio de Janeiro and Leif of Sweden can see it all. Broadcasting cunts.
That's the government who enforce the 3pm Saturday blackout not broadcasters

Standard 100mb ethernet is fast enough for ANY stream available.
Ethernet is also much more stable than wi-fi.
I'm now on the new Fire Cube 3 and that is still using 100mb ethernet (built in) and can stream anything at the full rate.
I think you only need faster ethernet if you are running a server/NAS.

Have you checked the 'CEC' settings on tv and Sky box? Are you running sound through an amp?
The hdmi cec setting is set to the on position mate and the sound is just running through the Telly.
TV is samsung qled 95 in combo with sky 2

Be nice if we could get to the bottom of it as it's more a nuisance value than anything else, having to remove power and replace it back everytime. Stumped with this.

I have a 4k stick on one tv and a lite on the other, both work perfectly well. I can't see it makes any difference. (other than the 4k reception which I'm not bothered about).
For me PQ has been improved using a 4k firestick.
Technically all HD channels can retain all their originally received pixels to pass to my TV which because it is also HD shows its picture as the network delivers it.
My older firestick is not HD so all HD channels I receive discard most of their original pixels, get processed then send them to the TV which guesses discarded pixels to show an SD to HD conversion.
Obviously this makes all HD channels no better than if they were received as an SD channel.
Secondly the 4k can connect to the mains rather than be powered solely by a TV USB port.

Standard 100mb ethernet is fast enough for ANY stream available.
Ethernet is also much more stable than wi-fi.
I'm now on the new Fire Cube 3 and that is still using 100mb ethernet (built in) and can stream anything at the full rate.
I think you only need faster ethernet if you are running a server/NAS.
Am I wrong in assuming that say 100 mb is the total download speed?
I know that if my family are all using say mobiles and I'm using the firestick it splits our download to total say a maximum of 100.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.