Ireland speaks out [Merged]

Eccles Blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:
You and yer pro Stevie buddies can spin it how you like, he said what he said whatever the editing, furthermore his comments, not detailed on the OP's cut n paste about our youth lads were distateful and disrespectful.

I too will give SI a decent welcome, even despite this, but let me get this straight. You will "cheer" Stephen just like you "cheer" Dunne, but you are "reserving judgement" on the new signings. My understanding of that is you cheer ex blues but remain silent over current ones until such time you feel they have "proved themselves"

Have I got that right? Strange, very strange.

Why is it strange? The new players have not proved anything as yet. I support Manchester City BUT I do not have to blindly cheer for someone because he is getting a load of money. I cheer for someone who shows me that they are playing for CITY. OK?

Not everyone has to be led by the nose to support players because they have been touted as the best in the world. They may have been the best for their other teams but they have to PROVE that they are still as good when they play for CITY!

I am quite capable of making my own mind up and am not being dictated to by other people.

You mean unlike the gutless and spineless Ireland!!

Read the article as I didn't understand much on the YouTube clip. I have a feeling of contrast to the majority of you in the thread. Instead of anger and frustration aimed at Stevie, I empathise and even feel sorry for him. He's had a bad season, the fans got on his back etc, but we knew what he was capable of and I would have loved for Steven to become one of the greats at the club. Clearly, this is not going to happen now, so, (except against us of course) I wish him all the best at Villa.

Good luck Steven.

peacefrog said:
Owain said:
Nice to see some healthy scepticism. Good post on all counts.

All Ireland needed was an arm round the shoulder. What he got was David Platt bleating at him about playing in the reserves.

Just not an acceptable way to treat a player.

Maybe Mancini knows what it takes to be a winner. And being a soft twat with a fragile mentality isn't it.

Fine. I don't disagree. But treat him with at least an ounce of courtesy.

Owain said:
peacefrog said:
Maybe Mancini knows what it takes to be a winner. And being a soft twat with a fragile mentality isn't it.

Fine. I don't disagree. But treat him with at least an ounce of courtesy.

What, you mean like he has treated us? Don't think so mate

Eccles Blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:
You and yer pro Stevie buddies can spin it how you like, he said what he said whatever the editing, furthermore his comments, not detailed on the OP's cut n paste about our youth lads were distateful and disrespectful.

I too will give SI a decent welcome, even despite this, but let me get this straight. You will "cheer" Stephen just like you "cheer" Dunne, but you are "reserving judgement" on the new signings. My understanding of that is you cheer ex blues but remain silent over current ones until such time you feel they have "proved themselves"

Why is it strange? The new players have not proved anything as yet. I support Manchester City BUT I do not have to blindly cheer for someone because he is getting a load of money. I cheer for someone who shows me that they are playing for CITY. OK?

Not everyone has to be led by the nose to support players because they have been touted as the best in the world. They may have been the best for their other teams but they have to PROVE that they are still as good when they play for CITY!

I am quite capable of making my own mind up and am not being dictated to by other people.
Sorry Eccles but that post is hilarious. Its strange because you are openly admitting you will not cheer your own, but your'e happy to cheer you're opponents. You say you won't blindly cheers someone "just because he is getting a load of money" , what was SI getting when he was sat on our bench not caring about the result, what will he and Dunne be getting when they return in the Claret of Villa when you openly admit you will cheer them over our own.

You are right of course, I mean not to dictate and you have the right to you're opinion. I also have the right to mine, and mine thinks its strange a blue will cheer for opponents more than their own. And whats more is, it suggests you support/love/admire (whatever) SI more than Machester City Football Club.

Perhaps this will be of some assistance ...
http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?module=PNphpBB2&file=index

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8932946.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 932946.stm</a>

Above is his interview with BBC. Worth a watch. No hard feelings he says. Anyway the remark about the academy is a throw away remark maybe the young lads now are getting more money once they sign at a club at City compared to when Stevie first signed. Best of luck to Stevie at Villa hope he does well there and plays to the standard of old. No hard feelings here.

Regarding Sky they went live for Craig Bellamy expecting fireworks but didnt get it so they will highlight there key points compare to other stations. On the bbc they ask him about his pay off from the club.

Eccles Blue said:
bluemoonmatt said:

so you support villa players but not current city players......you are strange i must agree.

Re: "I was neither happy or sad if we lost."

bluemoonmatt said:
Care to comment BillyShears, DidsburyDave et al

that written interview doesn't even document his comments on our youth team and how they apparantly strut about with a thousand watches on thier arms.

Why? So I can be called a rag, told that I'm not a proper supporter etc...no thanks.

I think Ste was well within his rights to say what he said, and unless anyone has actually spent time with the playing squad at City in the last three years, then they have fuck all idea about what goes on behind the scenes.

Anyway...please continue the witch hunt. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who gives a fuck...

BillyShears said:
bluemoonmatt said:

that written interview doesn't even document his comments on our youth team and how they apparantly strut about with a thousand watches on thier arms.

Why? So I can be called a rag, told that I'm not a proper supporter etc...no thanks.

I think Ste was well within his rights to say what he said, and unless anyone has actually spent time with the playing squad at City in the last three years, then they have fuck all idea about what goes on behind the scenes.

Anyway...please continue the witch hunt. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who gives a fuck...
Listen, I know your'e as blue as we come, we'll have to accept our differences on the SI situation but my cap is thoroughly doffed for taking on the challenge.

BillyShears said:
bluemoonmatt said:

Rag :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.