Ireland speaks out [Merged]

Ant-emilydesign said:
How much happier does Milner look with his City shirt than Stevie does with his Villa shirt.

Because James has taken a step up and Stevie a step down in their change of respective clubs.

liamctid said:
"If it was up to me, Newcastle would win the league and City would come second." - Joey Barton, June 2007.

He gets boo'd by our fans, despite him being our only player for about 3 years, not just some one season wonder.

Stephen Ireland, I know you like a browse on Bluemoon. Be expecting the worse when you come to our place, you thick, pikey twat.

That last line made me spit me tea out! Quality!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm --<br /><br />
mad zab said:
BillyShears said:
Why? So I can be called a rag, told that I'm not a proper supporter etc...no thanks.

I think Ste was well within his rights to say what he said, and unless anyone has actually spent time with the playing squad at City in the last three years, then they have fuck all idea about what goes on behind the scenes.

Anyway...please continue the witch hunt. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who gives a fuck...

Well when Sven (who personally I didn't rate) was sacked Ireland slagged him off. When Hughes went Ireland slagged him off. Now we tell Ireland he is not good enough he slags the club off. Can you see the trend there? He blames others because of HIS shortcomings!! Just the same reason why he quit playing for his country.

Hughes dropped Ireland last season because he wanted to play 4-4-2 and Ireland simply wasn't up to the job of playing in a central midfield two.

Mancini played Ireland in 3 games in his favoured position last season, two of those games was against Stoke in the league and cup. He failed miserably.

So don't start making excuses about fans having a go at him when he slags our club off.

Great post!

Re: "I was neither happy or sad if we lost."

BlueInBury said:
BillyShears said:
Why? So I can be called a rag, told that I'm not a proper supporter etc...no thanks.

I think Ste was well within his rights to say what he said, and unless anyone has actually spent time with the playing squad at City in the last three years, then they have fuck all idea about what goes on behind the scenes.

Anyway...please continue the witch hunt. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who gives a fuck...

So you are happy with Stevie not caring if we won or lost last season?
You think its fine that he came off the bench against the rags not caring, which ultimately led to us losing?
And then you complain when your accused of being a rag and not a proper City fan?
Im sorry but its a real struggle to understand where your coming from at all here!

This is my last comment on this thread (and hopefully about Ireland full stop on Bluemoon) - what I know and what has been publicized are two different things. This isn't about Mancini, or Hughes, or 442, or whatever else you may think it's about. His gripes run deep, and it isn't my place to explain them. Neither do I need to defend what he said. I understand why he said it and I'm sure in the fullness of time the truth will out...

Anyway, like CTID has just said, Ireland was the past, lets concentrate on the future...

Well Mr Ireland I think you`ve probably answered your own question there :

"Without a shadow of doubt the situation I found myself in will happen a lot at Manchester City with all the high-profile players they have at the club.

Thats the difference nowadays at Eastlands !!
Sorry you left, but as the old Dylan hit goes "The Times They Are A Changing"

Steven Ireland is a self-confessed rag fan. He's spent his whole playing career at

City coming through the Academy and he now tells us he didn't care whether we

won or lost because he was on the bench (due to poor form that started before

Mancini came in)? James Milner was far more gracious towards his former club and

team mates in his interview. So what if the manager wasn't buddy buddy with him?

He said himself that even Vieira who has known Mancini for quite a while has a

similar relationship with him but no doubt the media will have a field day harping on

about poor man management. Thanks for giving them more reason Stevie!

BlueInBury said:
liamctid said:
"If it was up to me, Newcastle would win the league and City would come second." - Joey Barton, June 2007.

He gets boo'd by our fans, despite him being our only player for about 3 years, not just some one season wonder.

Stephen Ireland, I know you like a browse on Bluemoon. Be expecting the worse when you come to our place, you thick, pikey twat.

That last line made me spit me tea out! Quality!

Not me I'm afraid, No need for it

(just my opinion, being of Irish descent)

stony said:
Clevers said:
I think Mancini has got it right

Ireland - A player who didn't care whether we won or lost.

Bellamy - A player who celebrates a defeat with another manager.

Given - Doesn't seem prepared to even give us until January.

Spot on, and out of all of them I'm more disappointed that Given won't even attempt to fight for his place.
seconded

chavs like Ireland started this being flash.all you want is players to turn up work hard, perform every week then go home to there familys and keep quiet.there a couple of guys across town they could look at for example.more medals than you can shake a stick at.

Ireland had no desire. any player thats only interest is flashy cars will soon get bored.ive no doubt stevie could of been a city Legend but he had no desire a week mental strength.he didnt have a winning mentality and Mancini found him out!thats why he`s gone.the same thing will happen to others(robinho)

Mancini doesnt want or need to be everyone best friend his job is to identify the most suitable squad of players to play for the richest club inthe world.And for me he`s doing a bloody good job.

Not heard exactly what Ireland has said as I'm still over in Romania, however, the guy has had 3/s of a good season in 5, so he gets filed with the likes of Edgehill in our history.

Re: "I was neither happy or sad if we lost."

BillyShears said:
BlueInBury said:
So you are happy with Stevie not caring if we won or lost last season?
You think its fine that he came off the bench against the rags not caring, which ultimately led to us losing?
And then you complain when your accused of being a rag and not a proper City fan?
Im sorry but its a real struggle to understand where your coming from at all here!

This is my last comment on this thread (and hopefully about Ireland full stop on Bluemoon) - what I know and what has been publicized are two different things. This isn't about Mancini, or Hughes, or 442, or whatever else you may think it's about. His gripes run deep, and it isn't my place to explain them. Neither do I need to defend what he said. I understand why he said it and I'm sure in the fullness of time the truth will out...

Anyway, like CTID has just said, Ireland was the past, lets concentrate on the future...

In HIS opinion!!

The next time you speak to him I hope you thank him for SHITTING on the fans and club!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.