ireland wants out (merged)

Re: ireland wants out

TINY said:
Seems a bit gutless to me. Has the chance to go all out and establish himself, has the chance to say to Mancini "you cannot leave me out". However, no, he's bottled it if true.

Sums it up well.

-- May 23rd, 2010, 4:00 am --

Fanzone Danny said:
Wrote a blog for Sky Sports when we were taken over saying I hope we dont turn in to the Harlem Globetrotters and things like this make me think we are losing the soul of our club and replacing them with over payed mercenaries ....

You mean players who want to play for City, over players who seemingly don't?

Vieira blamed himself for his poor form at the end of this season. Ireland seems to want to blame everybody else. But then, Vieira has been one of the best midfielders in the world.<br /><br />-- May 23rd, 2010, 4:12 am --<br /><br />It also makes these comments seem all the more ironic:

[url:3mkr5txg]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/5137755/Manchester-Citys-Stephen-Ireland-accuses-some-team-mates-of-hiding.html[/url] said:
"We have more quality than them but we have to be a bit braver than we were against Hamburg. Thankfully Shay Given was very good again, because some people were hiding and when our backs were against the wall some people were not brave enough to fight."

IrishMacca said:
Ireland will never fight for anything, he's no heart and at the end of the day, when things get tough he'll find the door, rather than stay and fight.

He's one of those modern day brats of a footballer, so spoiled, no character, nothing.

All he's interested in is his wage and his cars. He's no heart, no fight and will go to whichever club is offering him the biggest pay.

He had a season plus of good form, got deluded ideas of how good he actually was, read one too many journos praising him, and his ego inflated.

I agree but still think we should insert a massive sell on clause just in case he does come good

also if they want him at the swamp we should make them pay our price not their valuation

we need to remember we can afford to hold out for our price for any player as keeping them in the stiffs will not bust us
( could not have said that a few years ago )

we are in the driving seat over players a couple of years out of the limelight will damage even the richest players

Shame if he wants to go, would have hoped he'd be willing to stick about a year and force his way into the team through performances like he did a season ago.

But if he wants out the see ya, we move on as a club.

Hughes had blocked his departure to Sunderland on the eve of the campaign, and Ireland responded by playing a starring role alongside ­Robinho and Elano

ROFL

-- Sun May 23, 2010 8:17 am --

christen at St Marks said:
Papertalk say's Bellars part of Arteta and Stevie part of Milner Fck knows hope we don't regret it big time

bellers doesnt have it in him to produce the same form, another year or tow out of this chap me thinks, shame realy.<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 8:24 am --<br /><br />http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...e-The-Brian-McNally-column-article433813.html
was a good blog untill i seen this bit

City did a similar thing with young left winger Adam Johnson paying around twice what he was actually worth to land him from Middlesbrough in January.

Fanzone Danny said:
Wrote a blog for Sky Sports when we were taken over saying I hope we dont turn in to the Harlem Globetrotters and things like this make me think we are losing the soul of our club and replacing them with over payed mercenaries ....

Mate the soul of the club is US the supporters. Players will always come and go yes even the homegrown one's, their loyalty can be tested too. I just wished they wouldn't gripe in the public forum about things.

It tickles me how people brand the likes of Richards and Ireland the 'soul of the club'. These couldn't give a shit about the club, and have been average throughout their City careers but have always held themselves in ridiculously high esteem all because they come from the academy and the fans keep saying they've got potential. Get rid, these are the deadwood thats holding us back, as previously mentioned, these aren't the soul of the club, the real fans are, and the only reason I use the word 'real' is because at some point the plastics may well turn up.

Fanzone Danny said:
You lot have gotta be kiddin!!

I am fucking gutted 'Superman' is and always will be a BLUE and a LEGEND

Hope it doesn't happen Stevie ..... :-(
i cant agree with this...

Fanzone Danny said:
a Self confessed City fan who has said would happily sign a contract for life with us and we just hang him out to dry even though he has all theability in the world
How are City hanging him out to dry? By depositing £80k into his bank account every week and telling him he has a long future with us if he can find a bit of form?

I wish my employees would hang me out to dry like that. And if they did, I suspect I'd be grateful for the opportunity and go about proving my worth instead of throwing my toys out of the pram and moving elsewhere.

If correct its his choice, cant get in the first team, talk of Milner coming in, snooze and you lose Stevie thanks for your contribution along the way.

The Fans are the soul of the club, media monkeys. players and managers are just passing through.

The investors bought into the Fan Base not the squad or Manager!!! do your job properly, NUMPTYS!!

Forza Mancini

CTID

prima

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.