ireland wants out (merged)

Re: ireland wants out

Bluemoon115 said:
Fanzone Danny said:
Its not about success this fo me Cheesy this is about a Self confessed City fan who has said would happily sign a contract for life with us and we just hang him out to dry even though he has all theability in the world

Then to listen to people dismissing like they have is hard to take!
So why is he handing in a transfer request?

Because the club has obviously made it pretty apparent he is replaceable based on the money we can spend and have almost thrown him out of the door

Its a travesty!

Ireland will never fight for anything, he's no heart and at the end of the day, when things get tough he'll find the door, rather than stay and fight.

He's one of those modern day brats of a footballer, so spoiled, no character, nothing.

All he's interested in is his wage and his cars. He's no heart, no fight and will go to whichever club is offering him the biggest pay.

He had a season plus of good form, got deluded ideas of how good he actually was, read one too many journos praising him, and his ego inflated.

Chick Counterfly said:
not surprised, I don't blame him, and neither do I believe any of the rhetoric surrounding him, he's an outstanding young talent but one who has taken two steps forward and two steps back, one who carries a lot of baggage, and would obviously benefit from a fresh start, and guaranteed first team football. despite him saying the right things I've never really been convinced he was died in the wool blue, he's thought about leaving several times, practically packed his bags once, and when things stopped going his way then the temptation would always be there. his whole attitude this year definitely spoke of someone who, on some level, believed the grass was greener. it's a crying shame but if someone is thinking that way then you have to accept you aren't going to get their best, and that it's probably time to let go.

I think it comes down to his relationship with the fans being ridiculous and unhealthy. calling him a legend on the basis of one season pretty much sums up the unhealthy hysteria that surrounds him, as much as the hatred that followed him around at one point. from zero to superman and straight back again, the truth definitely lies somewhere in between.

I agree with the vast majority of your post. Noy sure I'd class him as an 'outstanding' talent, but certainly he's someone who could be very good if he applies himslef properly. Like it or not though (& I like it very much) very good might not be good enough for City in the near future.

Sorry I've deleted some posts folks, but this is a thread about Stevie & him possibly putting a transfer request in. So far, the thread has been pretty interesting & there hasn't been too much slagging off of others so I'm not prepared to let one poster turn it into a slanging match about the manager.

Seems a bit gutless to me. Has the chance to go all out and establish himself, has the chance to say to Mancini "you cannot leave me out". However, no, he's bottled it if true.

If he goes, I'll be disappointed. Best passer and football brain at the club although he's had a shocking season with injury, illness and a complete nose dive in confidence.

The talent is there. That's what makes me think we might rue this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.