ireland wants out (merged)

Anyone see his mention in the beeb chants of the season?!

"Alive, alive-o-oh, Alive, alive-o-oh,
"Stephen Ireland's two grannies.
"Alive, alive-o!"

Sung at France v Ireland in Paris, to the tune of Molly Malone.

wrenie72 said:
It's all simple really, there is no room for sentiment if you want to win things. The Manager works with the players every day and either see's a problem or does not rate Ireland. Stevie has had 1 good season and has been very well rewarded for that.
If he can not now get himself together then it's time to move on! I have been watching City for 35 years and we have never had a better oportunity to be a major force in World Football.... Goodbye Stevie "One Season Wonder" Ireland. C.T.I.D

it has nothing to do with sentiment

it has everythignt o do with being able to see the talent this lad has and being able to get the best out of him (by any means)......Ireland when played in his best position is a force to be reckoned with (ie just behind the main striker)....RM at present isnt playing this way....now with his own team of players it will be very interesting to see how RM does set up....will it be a 4-4-2 where there is no room for Ireland unless he adapts his game or will it be (as some people have suggested on here a while back) that he has a favoured 4-2-3-1 approach or even a 4-3-3 approach...both of which ireland i think can fit into.

Im not disagreeing irelands form dipped this season (due to whatever resasons and the change of manager certainly was one of them...but there are others)......However Ireland can be top class and if nurtured the right way could be a huge player for us

I just hope that RM can see what a lot of city fans can see and doesnt get rid of him.......

I believe alot of people became disillusion with the lad when he blamed Hughes for his lack of form, when in the previous season he was praising and applauding him for helping him to become a better a player. He seems to be more than willing to blame his shortcomings on other people.

simon23 said:
wrenie72 said:
It's all simple really, there is no room for sentiment if you want to win things. The Manager works with the players every day and either see's a problem or does not rate Ireland. Stevie has had 1 good season and has been very well rewarded for that.
If he can not now get himself together then it's time to move on! I have been watching City for 35 years and we have never had a better oportunity to be a major force in World Football.... Goodbye Stevie "One Season Wonder" Ireland. C.T.I.D

it has everythignt o do with being able to see the talent this lad has and being able to get the best out of him (by any means)......Ireland when played in his best position is a force to be reckoned with (ie just behind the main striker)....RM at present isnt playing this way....now with his own team of players it will be very interesting to see how RM does set up....will it be a 4-4-2 where there is no room for Ireland unless he adapts his game or will it be (as some people have suggested on here a while back) that he has a favoured 4-2-3-1 approach or even a 4-3-3 approach...both of which ireland i think can fit into.

Im not disagreeing irelands form dipped this season (due to whatever resasons and the change of manager certainly was one of them...but there are others)......However Ireland can be top class and if nurtured the right way could be a huge player for us

I just hope that RM can see what a lot of city fans can see and doesnt get rid of him.......

Well if you really watch City you will notice Tevez practically plays in this posistion now, is about 4x the player of ireland and just scored 30 goals in the season. So why would RM play Ireland when he already has someone there pretty much running the team single handedly!!

simon23 said:
it has everythignt o do with being able to see the talent this lad has and being able to get the best out of him (by any means)......Ireland when played in his best position is a force to be reckoned with (ie just behind the main striker)....

He played there vs Portsmouth and was shite, a perfect game where he could've taken advantage of the situation and he ballsed it up. Kinda kills your theory there my friend.

redmizzle said:
supercity36 said:
obertan? hes a youngster so no way of knowing if he'll make it. as for the rest, not even the best of managers could of got much more out of those players. lets face it, they arent exactly ripping up trees. verons back in argentina, klebersons in brazil, djemba djemba was in denmark last i heard
and berbatov? guess it doesnt suit your argument
Ferguson obviously hasn't got a clue!!! He's only won every fucking trophy going.

Joycee Banercheck said:
redmizzle said:
and berbatov? guess it doesnt suit your argument
Ferguson obviously hasn't got a clue!!! He's only won every fucking trophy going.

Not arguing he a good manager thats just blatently obvious. Arguing the fact that ferguson makes every player the greatest thing ever.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

Not arguing he a good manager thats just blatently obvious. Arguing the fact that ferguson makes every player the greatest thing ever.
Well no he doesn't. But he doesn't cop for any shit either (Stam, BentboyBeckham). Who has a 100% success rate in the transfer market though?

simon23 said:
wrenie72 said:

I suspect Mancini knows of SI's talent and ability, the way he challenged him to 'sort his head out' suggests he would like him back at his best. If the recent reports of Ireland wanting out are true, and I've noticed no denials from his mates on here, then I'm a bit disappointed in Stevie for choosing to walk away rather than fight for his place.

Joycee Banercheck said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well no he doesn't. But he doesn't cop for any shit either (Stam, BentboyBeckham). Who has a 100% success rate in the transfer market though?

What i was saying he also has a history of making good players shit and picked Veron and Forlan as good examples. So if he had Ireland it could go either way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.