ireland wants out (merged)

he's still relatively young and theres a lot of room for improvement wherever that will be, but has been really frustrating as he seems to coast through the game too much when he should have been trying to go to the next level. unfortunately he only got himself to blame. some of his efforts on goals were abysmal and i hate it when players just seem to shrug it off rather than show genuine disappointment - seemed to be a reflection of his whole game and loss of form. needs to put the aggression back into his game. hope he does well though.

Shameful..a complete lack of patience from our fickle fans...

...and Stevie himself unfortunately.

Sad day for the club.

And our academy is crap.teaches them how to kick a ball but not how to be mature young men.

With the finance behind us it was always going to be difficult for him to break into the team, we haven't got the time anymore to allow him to develop. He has stood still, or even gone backwards, the past year so I think a move is the best thing for everyone

Thaksinssoldier said:

Sad day for the club.

And our academy is crap.teaches them how to kick a ball but not how to be mature young men.

Alot of truth in that last sentence

citymad said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

Sad day for the club.

Alot of truth in that last sentence

Yeah, an interesting point. But, in fairness to the academy, I'm not sure Stephen Ireland is a man to base something like that around. I think the lad has problems of his own, and unfortunately I think he's destined for a career where he is brilliant one year and has problems the next. It's sad, because he is immensely talented, but for as good as he was two years ago, it was baffling watching him this year and wondering where it had gone.

I said from day one that lad had a special talent and I remember getting barracked by some idiots sat near me years ago because I kept defending him. If you know your football you can tell he has frightening talent.

However he does not show it often enough in games (apparently he is head and shoulders above ALL our world superstars in training) I think he needs to feel loved by the manager(like he clearly was by Hughes) and also played in his best position -a three man central midfield where he can bomb on-he is NOT a traditional central midfield player.....I have a feeling he'll go to arsenal and be a huge hit.

If he goes I wish him all the best, as I do with ANY city player who has not shit on the club.

He will win silverware before we do if he moves, it will be another "cock up" in our history.

Re: ireland wants out

tufty said:
A fit and healthy stevie ireland is twice the player of milner. dont ever let him leave............................ever!!!!!!!

Considering what MIlner contributed last night yer right, in fact, I think Stevie would have had a greater input into that match.

-- Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 am --

Lancet Fluke said:
The Fixer said:
True but i think he would go there.

I'm sure he would but he's under contract so to some extent, it isn't his decision. We don't have to sell him at all let alone to them. Everton as part ex for Arteta would be good as someone mentioned in the transfer forum. Or as part of the Milner deal. No way will the club let him go to united unless they offer silly money, which they won't/can't.

Whoever puts in a bid will want him on the cheap - well, they can do one. If he goes then it's top dollar or no deal.

-- Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 am --

nashark said:
Not the best time to buy a signed shirt then?

Never have a current player on a shirt! Always make names up so I'll have it for the season!<br /><br />-- Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 am --<br /><br />I posted some seasons back that I thought Stevie Ireland was the future of the club along with Michael Johnson, but, looking at the seasons since we moved to CoMS, Superman has had one 'better' season than the other half dozen. He has scored some stunning goals, and wherever he goes, it's written in City's history, that he will come back and 'do us'. Things move on. We can't move on to improved seasons if we hang on to a past that hasn't worked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.