Is Gaël Clichy that good?

Since August 2013 he's been dreadful, getting worse each game, don't know what's up with him.

One of most consistent players the last few years, gone to pot this season.

The knee-jerk reactions on this forum are incredible.
Clichy is having a poor run of form, just like Hart and Nastasic.
Everyone of these players is a top class player, and they deserve our support, just like we show players like Aguero when he is not playing at his best.

If Clichy
mgreenz97 said:
is a top class player
then football today is done!! I would expect a top class player to be able at least cross the ball. I can actually predict what he's gonna do with the ball 9 times out of 10, prior to even getting the ball, which is proper scary.

An imposter of a football player!!!

Clichy is a good player. But he is not a great player. Defensively there are several in the league better than him, and in attack he does not provide that much either. It is a position we need to look to improve. Kolorov is better in an attacking sense but obviously defensively he is questionable. A combination of the two might equate to a player that is good enough for us. Baines is the best in the league in terms of overall defensive and attacking contribution. But with his age we should look at the younger options. Luke Shaw for me is where we want to be looking. English, young, likes to get forward and part of the best defence in the league so far. A quality prospect.

supercity88 said:
Clichy is a good player. But he is not a great player. Defensively there are several in the league better than him, and in attack he does not provide that much either. It is a position we need to look to improve. Kolorov is better in an attacking sense but obviously defensively he is questionable. A combination of the two might equate to a player that is good enough for us. Baines is the best in the league in terms of overall defensive and attacking contribution. But with his age we should look at the younger options. Luke Shaw for me is where we want to be looking. English, young, likes to get forward and part of the best defence in the league so far. A quality prospect.

Spot on

mgreenz97 said:
kneeeeeeeeee
jeeeeeeeeeerk

wrong.

This is not a reaction. This thread has been running for a long time now.

Clichy has an extensive charge sheet. Poor clearances from defence seem to be a characteristic of his. eg. Derby last year and did it again yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.