Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Flew back from Turkey yesterday evening. 15 mins at passport control because they put us in the family line and got bags in another 15 mins. Overall a breeze thankfully.

Tuesday morning terminal 3, loganair check in about 15 mins, security about the same, no queue at the bar was told plane was about 25 mins late all going fine till we boarded and the pilot told us the luggage wasn't loaded
Waited an hour on the plane before told to disembark and another 45 mins back in the terminal

Have arrived back from a great holidays but alas my bags did not. They're either lost in Paris airport or knocking about Manchester airport, who knows

Has anyone had lost luggage at Manchester recently? Know what the current waiting time is? I had this quite a few years back and had it 2 days later but I feel the situation may be a little different now.
Did you ever get anywhere with this mate ?
I think SirPeaceFrog is a baggage loser/wrecker, erm sorry handler, he’ll have a good idea I’m sure

Did you ever get anywhere with this mate ?
I think SirPeaceFrog is a baggage loser/wrecker, erm sorry handler, he’ll have a good idea I’m sure
no mate, nowhere, i'm not expecting to see it this week. If i do get it back ever, the stuff inside wont be in good condition!!

Have arrived back from a great holidays but alas my bags did not. They're either lost in Paris airport or knocking about Manchester airport, who knows

Has anyone had lost luggage at Manchester recently? Know what the current waiting time is? I had this quite a few years back and had it 2 days later but I feel the situation may be a little different now.
Someone I work with had 2 cases that went missing 2 months ago. They never made it on the plane and had been lost somewhere at Manchester. She got a message on Monday to say they had found one and would be delivering it to her. So don’t expect It any time soon

Someone I work with had 2 cases that went missing 2 months ago. They never made it on the plane and had been lost somewhere at Manchester. She got a message on Monday to say they had found one and would be delivering it to her. So don’t expect It any time soon
haha oh dear, can any sort of insurance or compo be claimed after a certain time do you know? there's nothing too important in there (thankfully) but my walking gear is worth quite a bit, and basically all my summer clothes so i'm shelling out a lot to get new stuff.

Got the 6 20 Easyjet flight to Prague this morning. No check in to do and only hand luggage. Through security in about 35 minutes and flight more or less on time. So can't complain apart from the fact I think the place is a shit hole.

Have flown out and In over the last 2 weeks I can confirm Manchester Airport is incredibly poorly run, but I have to say the guy or gal who does the advertising there is a top blue, so I'm walking towards passport control and there's a sign saying Manchester Airport the gateway to many places in the North West and then you get posters of places in the North West ie Jodrell band cheshire, Lake District Cumbria tatton Park Cheshire then we have the etihad stadium Manchester and a little further on old Trafford stadium, Trafford, pissed myself laughing top blue whoever did that.

haha oh dear, can any sort of insurance or compo be claimed after a certain time do you know? there's nothing too important in there (thankfully) but my walking gear is worth quite a bit, and basically all my summer clothes so i'm shelling out a lot to get new stuff.
Not sure what it was but she claimed compo. Hers went missing on the way to Visit family for 3 weeks, so had to buy everything when she got there and kept receipts to put a claim in. No idea if she’s got any money off them Yet though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.