Is Mancini adapting his Inter tactics? [Tactics talk]

Mancio said:
only two points.

at Fiorentina , Lazio and Inter Mancini has always been play two strikers. then will play two strikers.

Balotelli came to City to play center forward. he is not a wing. he does not track back and he's not able to defend. he has had a lot of fight against mourinho about it. then he'll play center forward. or , anyway , striker , not winger.
Mancio,
Do you feel Balotelli is a long term replacement for Tevez rather than a partner?

jimbo101 said:
Mancio said:
only two points.

at Fiorentina , Lazio and Inter Mancini has always been play two strikers. then will play two strikers.

Balotelli came to City to play center forward. he is not a wing. he does not track back and he's not able to defend. he has had a lot of fight against mourinho about it. then he'll play center forward. or , anyway , striker , not winger.
Mancio,
Do you feel Balotelli is a long term replacement for Tevez rather than a partner?

i believe balotelli is a perfect partner for tevez as for everybody may be at City next year , becouse i doubt tevez will be there for the long.

grim up north said:
simon23 said:
i can understand what he is saying.

like you i believe that this is the most talented group of players we have ever had, yet they are underperforming in my opinion even when we win.

i find our style of football negaitve and frustrating. Playing a midfield with yaya, barry, dejong and milner in means no pace very litle creativity and although it is one that can keep possession it is also one that does very little with it.
it also leaves silva, tev and AJ very isolated. I also dont believe that those 3 are the best combo we could be playing..

People keep saying wait for the injured players to come back...well ade has been fit for a couple of weeks now yet he didnt start against arsenal despite scoring a hattrick in his previous game. balo is now fit but will RM start with two atackers in his next game (balo and ade as tev is not fit)....i dont think he will

I just wish RM would take a chane every now and again.....i know we had 10 men from the 5th min vs arsenal but the team that started was a negative midfield......we had 3 offensive minded players on the pitch in tev silva and AJ...the rest are more concerned and are naturally defensive or holding midfielders. For me, Milner isnt cutting it at all...he was brought in to add drive and creativity and isnt doing that at all.....he works tirelessly and runs all game but he adds very very little to the attacking side of our game...no penetration, no running beyond defenders, very little goal threat, no pace and very little on the creative side.
and our attack is too lightweight with tev aj and silva....

basically the balance is still all wrong and thoughit works in some games it never looks comfortable and we are playing well below our capapbiltiy

and the additionof kolorov and boatang wont change this

Do you watch the games or just read the sun,s match reports?

I must have been really pissed on Sunday because i cannot remember seeing AJ playing

1. I watch every game
2. i dont read the tabloid press..they know less about football than some people on this forum

With ref to aj i was talking in genreal as this has been RM's [prefered system of play......to have aj silva and tev as the 3 main attackers

Mancio said:
only two points.

Disagree. In the system that we play, he will work very well on the wing.

I'm sure Balotelli will be target man.

Tevez is not at his most effective playing there. He needs to be the deep lying striker. he's not quick enough or strong enough to be the long term solution. He can do it because he's a good player but it's not his best position.

This is one of the reasons the manager keeps saying he can't play his favoured formation/tactics because of injuries.

I did this pic back in August. I think this is what Roberto is aiming for: our strongest 11 and formation imo.

46018_10150267376140145_860780144_14338732_6541295_n.jpg

I think you're right about that being our strongest team and preferred formation, although I have doubts about Kolo and wouldn't be surprised to see Lescott or even Boyata replace him. Boateng looks more of a centre half to me and Ricahrds was excellent on Sunday..

I think Tevez will sit slightly deeper than Balo too. But formation wise that's my guess.

Didsbury Dave said:
I think you're right about that being our strongest team and preferred formation, although I have doubts about Kolo and wouldn't be surprised to see Lescott or even Boyata replace him. Boateng looks more of a centre half to me and Ricahrds was excellent on Sunday..

I think Tevez will sit slightly deeper than Balo too. But formation wise that's my guess.

I agree about Richards. In terms of football brain, I am one of his biggest critics, but he does look more composed this year, on the ball and off, mentally and this may have something to do with Vieira's mentoring. I'm still not impressed with his low pain threshold however! But on current form, he is pushing for a starting place. I am not naive however. He still needs to develop into a more disciplined player in order to hold down a first team place over the next year.

I'm not Barry or GB as he likes to be known's biggest fan, but I would have him in that side before Millner, because we do need some level of composure on the ball, and Millner / Toure are both driving forward players, whilst De Jong is a mopper up / tackler rather than someone who would naturally spray the ball out wide, so ideally, I'd prefer a better player than Barry, but in that system, he should play before Milner or Toure and one of those.

gio's side step said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree about Richards. In terms of football brain, I am one of his biggest critics, but he does look more composed this year, on the ball and off, mentally and this may have something to do with Vieira's mentoring. I'm still not impressed with his low pain threshold however! But on current form, he is pushing for a starting place. I am not naive however. He still needs to develop into a more disciplined player in order to hold down a first team place over the next year.

I'm not Barry or GB as he likes to be known's biggest fan, but I would have him in that side before Millner, because we do need some level of composure on the ball, and Millner / Toure are both driving forward players, whilst De Jong is a mopper up / tackler rather than someone who would naturally spray the ball out wide, so ideally, I'd prefer a better player than Barry, but in that system, he should play before Milner or Toure and one of those.

In balance and certainly on current form Baary would get the nod over Milner for me too. I'm still waiting to be totalyl convinced by Yaya too

Didsbury Dave said:
gio's side step said:

In balance and certainly on current form Baary would get the nod over Milner for me too. I'm still waiting to be totalyl convinced by Yaya too

I think Yaya's position is very ambiguous. I mean what exactly is it? It's certainly not the position I thought we had signed him for, but then others were convinced of this. I get he is versatile (played centre back for a period on sunday when down to 10men), but for Barca, he played much deeper at times, then for us, he plays in the Berkovic role, yet he appears to be more box to box, I'm lost.

Again, Milner = what position? Left wing? No chance. It's all too vague for me at the moment. I'm impressed with the strength mentally and physically, but it's unclear to me, what the hell the team/system is going to be when things really settle down. The only thing I am certain about is, Johnson should play at home every game and that there is nothing ambiguous about that, regardless of whether its a team who needs to be broken down or one of the top sides who require more composure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.