"Is Nasri the last one in?", "I hope not"-Mancini (merged)

Re: "Is Nasri the last one in?", "I hope not"-Mancini

Dax777 said:
bluetonium said:
Heard something about Raul Albiol last week, would fit the 'experienced centre back' role quite well, and on loan may make sense initially. He's not playing at Real Madrid much recently, still only 25 and at 6ft 3" he's useful in the air, and not so bad on the ground either.

Loan swap. Adebayor for Albiol

Always rated Albiol. Why just a loan deal? - Would a permanent swap be a bad idea Dax?

Matt the Giant said:
Dax777 said:
bluetonium said:
Heard something about Raul Albiol last week, would fit the 'experienced centre back' role quite well, and on loan may make sense initially. He's not playing at Real Madrid much recently, still only 25 and at 6ft 3" he's useful in the air, and not so bad on the ground either.

Loan swap. Adebayor for Albiol

Always rated Albiol. Why just a loan deal? - Would a permanent swap be a bad idea Dax?
you'd prefer Albiol to Tevez?

johnny crossan said:

Without a question. I have seen nothing from Tevez suggesting he would make a decent centre half. :)

Why do you ask?

Matt the Giant said:
johnny crossan said:

Without a question. I have seen nothing from Tevez suggesting he would make a decent centre half. :)

Why do you ask?
because you have to choose - one or the other - no room in the squad for both if Nasri comes!

johnny crossan said:
because you have to choose - one or the other - no room in the squad for both if Nasri comes!

Ok, I see... well mate... I'm convinced Tevez would rather be somewhere else than in Manchester atm, and this will reflect his contribution on the pitch and "auroa" in the dressing room.
Against Bolton he looked half-arsed to me, but fair enough it was his first game after a long break.
I have for a long time dealt with the prospect of loosing him this summer, and I still think this will happen, thus he is not really in my plans.

But whether or not I'd take Albiol instead of Tevez is hard to say... I haven't really followed Albiol these past 12 months or so, so I wouldn't know what we'd be getting.

But I'll tell you this: I'd rather have a great centre half who wants to be here, than an indifferent striker who doesn't want to be here.

Maybe we could persuade Real to give us Albiol and Higuain in a swap deal for Tevez?

Matt the Giant said:
johnny crossan said:

Ok, I see... well mate... I'm convinced Tevez would rather be somewhere else than in Manchester atm, and this will reflect his contribution on the pitch and "auroa" in the dressing room.
Against Bolton he looked half-arsed to me, but fair enough it was his first game after a long break.
I have for a long time dealt with the prospect of loosing him this summer, and I still think this will happen, thus he is not really in my plans.

But whether or not I'd take Albiol instead of Tevez is hard to say... I haven't really followed Albiol these past 12 months or so, so I wouldn't know what we'd be getting.

But I'll tell you this: I'd rather have a great centre half who wants to be here, than an indifferent striker who doesn't want to be here.

Maybe we could persuade Real to give us Albiol and Higuain in a swap deal for Tevez?
Tevez may not want to be here but maybe will have no choice. If he stays I doubt he will be an indifferent player and his influence on the team won't be negative - they all know the score. I can see Mario missing out on games though and that's a pity, 4 top strikers is overkill.

johnny crossan said:
Matt the Giant said:
johnny crossan said:

Tevez may not want to be here but maybe will have no choice. If he stays I doubt he will be an indifferent player and his influence on the team won't be negative - they all know the score. I can see Mario missing out on games though and that's a pity, 4 top strikers is overkill.

IF tevez is committed to stay i can see a swap balo-lavezzi.

Lavezzi would be a tremendous signing for us I think but hasn't Napoli's owner already said they don't want Balotelli because of his attitude?

I also have doubts Mancini will give up on Balotelli unless Balotelli himself forces a move away. But the way Dzeko is playing and with Aguero here, Tevez likely to stay till January at least, I think Balotelli will be on Carling/FA Cup duty + the games after Champions League fixtures a lot.

Ntini77 said:
Not sure why everyone keeps mentioning Coates. We have more than enough options in this area.

This year we do. Next year we won't. He is a buy for the future.

Matt the Giant said:
johnny crossan said:

I'll tell you this: I'd rather have a great centre half who wants to be here, than an indifferent striker who doesn't want to be here.

Nice call

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.