Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

A mixture of rags masquerading as Blues and the old "we want Mourinho" brigade whipping up hysteria about a manager who has delivered an FA Cup and a Premier League title in just shy of 3 years.

He is now City's longest serving Premier League manager (I think) and whilst it is fine to question why we are not doing too well in Europe, what we are getting wrong and what we can do about it, to actually question the man who has finally delivered success to us after 44 very painful years is frankly laughable and quite cringeworthy.

Some of you's don't know you're born!

What I don't understand is the idea that a management group from a 'big club' with tippy tappy Latin success culture would be an infringement to what Mancini is trying to achieve.

There are also some ridiculous proclamations doing the rounds on BM [same, old, same old] such as 'He's guaranteed 2 more years', when not even the Sheikh knows that.

Get a grip, indeed. CTID. Forza Mancini.

SWP's back said:
Blue Heaven said:
glen quagmire said:
128 pages of kak.
One of the worst ever threads on bm. At least the 'hughes out' threads had foundation, he never one fuck all for us , and actually was dogshit...

Yes, and when many began to point out the reasons why Hughes was failing and would eventually be sacked, they were pilloried mercilessly. Some things never change.

When Mancini is finally sacked at the end of this season, 90% of his defenders here will do an about-face and post "see, I told you so..."

Hmmmm

Who were you before the ban?

Ha, good one, but I'm a first-timer here. However, I've been reading the posts here for years. Finally decided to jump in.

Previously, most of my posting was done on the MUEN board, going back to the Keegan era.

Blue Heaven said:
SWP's back said:
Blue Heaven said:
Yes, and when many began to point out the reasons why Hughes was failing and would eventually be sacked, they were pilloried mercilessly. Some things never change.

When Mancini is finally sacked at the end of this season, 90% of his defenders here will do an about-face and post "see, I told you so..."

Hmmmm

Ha, good one, but I'm a first-timer here. However, I've been reading the posts here for years. Finally decided to jump in.

Previously, most of my posting was done on the MUEN board, going back to the Keegan era.
Jesus, how does anyone post on there? More window lickers than a sunshine tours outing in Rhyl.

coleridge said:
What I don't understand is the idea that a management group from a 'big club' with tippy tappy Latin success culture would be an infringement to what Mancini is trying to achieve.

There are also some ridiculous proclamations doing the rounds on BM [same, old, same old] such as 'He's guaranteed 2 more years', when not even the Sheikh knows that.

Theoretically, Mancini's favored style of play with us should fit in quite well with the Barca approach. If sparks fly, then it's about personalities and power struggles, not football, IMHO. If Mancini is smart, he won't issue an ultimatum to ownership (I don't believe those stories today), but rather seek to clarify the rights and responsibilites associated with his position in the new structure. Then, he should follow Marwood and pledge fealty to the Barca Boys. However, he must come to understand that the days of huge transfer outlays are over. Maybe he can have a big signing once each off-season, but Soriano and Begiristain are being brought in to create a sustainable, lower-cost talent pool from the Academy.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
Blue Heaven said:
SWP's back said:
Hmmmm

Jesus, how does anyone post on there? More window lickers than a sunshine tours outing in Rhyl.

Outstanding...!! The scene on there is disgusting, as it's moronic City fans and demonic Rag scum WUMs bickering back and forth incessantly. Despite this forum's reputation ("Blue Loon"), it's clearly superior to most of the alternatives, especially the pathetic MUEN.

@DD

I don't agree with everything you say on BlueMoon.

However football is a simple game and you've supported City for long enough to know that we shouldn't be considering RMs position after such a short time.

It must annoy you intensely that after 35 years without a trophy people are complaining that 3 trophies in less than 3 years isn't good enough.

Come and visit the cellar sometimes. There's an army of true blues in there.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:02 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Heaven said:
coleridge said:

Theoretically, Mancini's favored style of play with us should fit in quite well with the Barca approach. If sparks fly, then it's about personalities and power struggles, not football, IMHO. If Mancini is smart, he won't issue an ultimatum to ownership (I don't believe those stories today), but rather seek to clarify the rights and responsibilites associated with his position in the new structure. Then, he should follow Marwood and pledge fealty to the Barca Boys. However, he must come to understand that the days of huge transfer outlays are over. Maybe he can have a big signing once each off-season, but Soriano and Begiristain are being brought in to create a sustainable, lower-cost talent pool from the Academy.

-- Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am --

SWP's back said:
Blue Heaven said:

Outstanding...!! The scene on there is disgusting, as it's moronic City fans and demonic Rag scum WUMs bickering back and forth incessantly. Despite this forum's reputation ("Blue Loon"), it's clearly superior to most of the alternatives, especially the pathetic MUEN.

I have no idea what MUEN is but you do yourself no credit whatsoever.

chesterbells said:
northstandgiveusasong said:
A lot of fans need to take a good look at just how far we have come since 1999.

I find it incredible and laughable that some people are discussing Mancini's future, however, maybe they've only supported the club since the takeover?

Any true City fan should be grateful we have such a good manager.

In Mancini I trust!!

Personally, I think we've come a long way since 1979. In fact since 1959 we've come even further. As for 1939, don't even get me started.

Absolutely, I have supported City since the 70's but was simply referring to the lowest point in our history.

To even think of considering Mancini's position at the club is pretty much unbelievable to be honest.

What do people want?

Bring back Alan Ball, all is forgiven?

Still unbeaten and 1 point from the top, not bad when playing nowhere near to last season's form.

As for the Champions League, this is only our 2nd shot at the competition and we have been given really tough draws on both occasions. I'm not saying this is any excuse but, it is only our 2nd season playing in the CL and it does take time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.