Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Bob is no different to any other manager, (baconface exempt) in that he is only as good as his last result so to speak and his position will always be under scrutiny.

Our record this season is poor and with that, the pressure is now well and truly on and rightly so.

He sorts it out or he is shipped out, that's the way of it in football.

blueinsa said:
Bob is no different to any other manager, (baconface exempt) in that he is only as good as his last result so to speak and his position will always be under scrutiny.

Our record this season is poor and with that, the pressure is now well and truly on and rightly so.

Fair Point

Ducado said:
blueinsa said:

Fair Point

Its the reality mate and many should remember that he is a football professional, paid handsomely to do a job and if he doesn't deliver he moves on.

Many have become misty eyed with a view that he will be here forever, our baconface if you like but nothing has ever pointed to that being the case, nothing.

His own admittance to sounding out other jobs should tell everyone that.

Our owners will do what's best for the club and that's all that matters.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
That's the same phrase you used to try and goad me on another thread.....not really very good is it?

Did I? Oh well, call it as I see it and all that.

chesterbells said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
moomba said:
Cheer up princess.

That's the same phrase you used to try and goad me on another thread.....not really very good is it?

Oh, he's got form has he?

You could say that. Opinionated and argumentative at best. More often, childish, opinionated and argumentative.

sir baconface said:
chesterbells said:
LoveCity said:
How would replacing a manager after 3+ years in charge resemble Chelsea FC's treatment of their managers? Not that I am endorsing it but if he is replaced it will have been a carefully considered move by our highly qualified men in charge.

Exactly, if he's replaced by a better manager, is that a problem? I think it would be for some on here, who seem to suggest that for some kind of 'moral' reasons, of 'natural justice' it would be wrong to upgrade only months after winning the title. I don't think we can be that way, and if some think that ruthlessness would make us more like Chelsea then I couldn't care less

The "moral" case is partly about fairness and partly about being pragmatic. The justice argument is that he has earned the right to stay the rest of the season to try to put things right. The practical side is that he has turned a no-hope situation round once before and ...who knows? Fair enough. We are a decent club and we owe Mancini some slack for making such big strides.

Nobody is saying for ever. Sentiment doesn't bring home the bacon. By all means take stock at the end of the season and make a considered decision in the light of progress, results, availability of better alternatives and all the other factors.

If he is replaced, this forum will probably end up no more (dare I say?) united. Mourinho would be a much bigger test of morals than anything we've seen so far.
Well said SB. Agree with that word for word.

blueinsa said:
Our owners will do what's best for the club and that's all that matters.

Exactly,in reality this club means very little to the manager or the vast majority of the players,they are employees and are being rewarded as such beyond all rationality.

If either of the above do not perform to expected level then unfortunately they will be replaced,thats how business works.

As it stands,a fair few including the manager,are close to that stage.

I am thankful for Mancinis efforts but we owe him nothing other than his severance pay.

The club and its supporters are truly all that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.