Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

FantasyIreland said:
blueinsa said:
Our owners will do what's best for the club and that's all that matters.

Exactly,in reality this club means very little to the manager or the vast majority of the players,they are employees and are being rewarded as such beyond all rationality.

If either of the above do not perform to expected level then unfortunately they will be replaced,thats how business works.

As it stands,a fair few including the manager,are close to that stage.

I am thankful for Mancinis efforts but we owe him nothing other than his severance pay.

The club and its supporters are truly all that matters.

Yep I agree with that, but now is not the time to sack him.

FantasyIreland said:
blueinsa said:

Exactly,in reality this club means very little to the manager or the vast majority of the players,they are employees and are being rewarded as such beyond all rationality.

If either of the above do not perform to expected level then unfortunately they will be replaced,thats how business works.

I am thankful for Mancinis efforts but we owe him nothing other than his severance pay.

My position entirely mate.

It would be the wrong time to sack Mancini.Lets wait till the end of the season and see what happens.

FantasyIreland said:
blueinsa said:

I don't think sentiment should play a role, but I do think that past achievements should be considered when deciding the consequences of a poor run of form. Mancini has turned things around in the past and I think he has earned some faith that he can do it again.

If the decision is made that he isn't the man to take us forward then we all need to get over it and support the new man, whoever that would be.

Just as RM has earned some credit from the supporters so has Mansour/Khaldoon. They've not done a lot wrong by us in the last few years.

baildon blue said:
It would be the wrong time to sack Mancini.Lets wait till the end of the season and see what happens.

I can see the case for that. I suppose the only issue would be if the ideal replacement was 100% available in Jan, but maybe much less likely to be available in the summer. Would that sway the issue - for fans on here? - and for our owners?

Chippy_boy said:
You could say that. Opinionated and argumentative at best. More often, childish, opinionated and argumentative.

I probably won't ever apologise for being opinionated on an internet discussion board created so people can share opinions.

And I'm not going to get too bothered for throwing an insult at someone that's just called me an imbecile. You probably shouldn't get too precious about it either, you might seem a hypocrite otherwise.

Div 3. I was there. Sheikh wasn't.

Top 3 auto CL, no trophy, I'm happy. Sheikh isn't.

Both all of us and the Sheikh agree that the CL this season has been cack. No excuses.

Next few games critical. More than 10 behind Fergie and it's surely done. Bomb in the FA and that's the icing on the sacking cake.

Til then, I support Bobby, the players and, for the fifth decade to come, MCFC.

Happy New Year to all my fellow citizens. CTID

moomba said:
Chippy_boy said:
You could say that. Opinionated and argumentative at best. More often, childish, opinionated and argumentative.

I probably won't ever apologise for being opinionated on an internet discussion board created so people can share opinions.

And I'm not going to get too bothered for throwing an insult at someone that's just called me an imbecile. You probably shouldn't get too precious about it either, you might seem a hypocrite otherwise.

It's ok to have strong opinions. It's also ok to have heated debate. Sticking to your guns is fine too. But when sticking to your guns comes at the expense of recognising valid flaws in your own arguments, and failing to recognise others having valid albeit contrary views, you just start looking like an argumentative arse to be honest.

Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
Chippy_boy said:

It's ok to have strong opinions. It's also ok to have heated debate. Sticking to your guns is fine too. But when sticking to your guns comes at the expense of recognising valid flaws in your own arguments, and failing to recognise others having valid albeit contrary views, you just start looking like an argumentative arse to be honest.

What is the valid flaw in my argument?

And what is the contrary view that I haven't recognised?

Seems to me that to you it's OK to have a heated debate, so long as everyone ends up agreeing with your point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.