Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

After what we did in Europe this season, I thought he was on borrowed time. Now the league is slipping away.

IMO he will need another big comeback for him to have any chance of retaining his position, especially when you consider the managers likely to be available in the summer.

Blue Haze said:
After what we did in Europe this season, I thought he was on borrowed time. Now the league is slipping away.

IMO he will need another big comeback for him to have any chance of retaining his position, especially when you consider the managers likely to be available in the summer.

Indeed, although the summer's looking a long way off at the moment, our kid.

bluesimon said:
BlueAnorak said:
MC ID said:
Those that want to kick Mancini out so soon for being currently second in the league, take a trip to old trafford and stare at the place the banner used to be. Thanks to Mancini we have two trophies, instead of the fuck all for the preceeding decades. No team can win everything all the time, it's how we react to defeat that will define us. We will come back stronger, prepared to rip the league a new one but it takes time and astute transfers for that too happen (and it will happen, we are too rich for it not too).

Mancini deserves this season even if we win nothing. You would think City fans would know about patience but apparently too many of us have been spoilt. Like children who want everything now, the second things look hard you want to throw the man who gave us so much out.

Start to ask questions if we look bad next year, not next game.

I can't believe as a fan of this club for only 5 years I have to tell those who watched the team in division two to have some faith. How did you have it then if you can't find it now?

Great post.
I've seen some right shite in charge of City and Mancini is not one of them. 2 in 3 times his subs actually have an impact - which is pretty good for a manager.
These days, far too many City fans think football management is just like FIFA 13. It isn't.
Compare and contrast with Sour Alex at Old Trafford. He spent more than the any of the other managers in the league in each year and yet won bugger all till the FA Cup in his 4th season, the Cup winners cup in his 5th season and the league in his SEVENTH season.

Mancini has won us two major honours. The last (the league) gives him 2 more seasons at least for me.

Sorry, but you guys do not see what is going on here. As has been stated numerous times in loads of posts, with the starting point and money that Mancini was given, there are many other managers, 20+ that would have achieved what he has done - and there are loads of examples of that in the past - throw enough money at the problem and you will get some tangeable results. The point is this - Mancini has reached his pinnicle - his mass - the top of his abilities. He has little man-to-man emotional strength and the clear evidence is that desipte constant reminders as to his areas of inability, he decided to keep on throwing the same attitude and beligerant options to his faults, rather than taking stock and seeing how he could improve.

One of the underlying facts is that he now appears to have more bogey teams than anyone else for a team so high in the premiership - especially away - Stoke, Sunderland, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal (the league cup win should not count) etc. The opposing managers have worked him and his tactics out - as well as at many of our home games.

His contradictions are catastrophic. From all the reports I read on this forum from the training ground, he is obsessed with possession and trying to stich a way through the defense for tap ins and the perfect goals. All well and good and fine when it works. But since the middle of last season, opposition teams know this and they barracade their defences, leaving us no room to glide and move. BUT THEN, he comes out with a statement after the Sunderland game stating that "Sometimes we take too many touches and we think, 'never mind, we can score next time,' but we can’t be like that - in football, it doesn’t work like that. We have to be stronger in the penalty area". That is about a two faced statement as I have ever witnessed. He is the one spouting the possession mantra and then he critisises his players who are following his instructions.

Dont get me wrong. Mancini is a good manager and I am not suggesting we get rid of him now. He has to see the season out but face up to the fact that there is a very good chance that he will be replaced, however we end up. Unless there is a dramatic turn around in his tactical awareness and stubborness along with his man-to-man management style, he will be out.

Except for the last paragraph that is a complete load of twaddle.
I see perfectly well what is going on at the club. To retain the championship we had to STEP UP a level. For whatever reason the club DIDN'T and as a result we are seven points behind.

For sure Mancini likes Tika-Taka but so do Barcelona. Mancini has developed a plan B of sorts (3 at the back) but with the current crop of injuries - Maicon and Richards especially - it won't deliver. The reason - The SQUAD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It over achieved last season.

United had spent as much money as Liverpool for the preceding 8 seasons when Sir Alex took over (so the squad was at a good level to start with) yet it still took him SEVEN years to win the league. Rafa spent a shedload at Liverpool and got nowhere in the league. Football is much more than spending money - it is not FIFA 13!

You all know its too early for this flapping. Disappointing first half of the season but luckily, this City team are no surrender monkeys. Unlike certain Blue Mooners. Think WBA, Norwich, Wolves, Rag U, Murray Mints and QPR. Six wins needed to win the league. Six victories.

I posted something on the pre match discuss for Norwich. I fear the worst for the weekends game, and draw or loss would put Bob under immense pressure, but what do we get if he gets sacked now ?, me personally I think it would be a bad move, due to the fact that nobody is really available, could we get by with Platt etc in temp charge for a month or two without getting cut adrift for good, there are many other factors in which this would work against us, in getting rid now. I think both chairman and owner are wise and gracious enough not to do it now. I really like Bob, but to me he is on borrowed time, and he himself is starting to look and sound a beaten man, which is a great shame. Come August I think we will have a new man, and Bob will leave us all with great memories and just thought of what could have been.

Also, when the fuck has Mancini said the championship was all about him?
In interview after interview he has said it was down to our owner's generosity and team spirit. Come on Mancini haters find me an article with quotes to back up your claims.

mscenterh750 said:
I posted something on the pre match discuss for Norwich. I fear the worst for the weekends game, and draw or loss would put Bob under immense pressure, but what do we get if he gets sacked now ?, me personally I think it would be a bad move, due to the fact that nobody is really available, could we get by with Platt etc in temp charge for a month or two without getting cut adrift for good, there are many other factors in which this would work against us, in getting rid now. I think both chairman and owner are wise and gracious enough not to do it now. I really like Bob, but to me he is on borrowed time, and he himself is starting to look and sound a beaten man, which is a great shame. Come August I think we will have a new man, and Bob will leave us all with great memories and just thought of what could have been.

But what if Pep would sign up in Jan?

I don't know but from what is said, he won't be available until next season and would we really be any better off if he was ?, me personally thought Guardiola had it made at Barca, having a truly world class squad and Messi (match winner on his own). I'm 50/50 on all this, as Bob has delivered apart from in Europe, and I hope he can get it right, as we've seen enough chopping and changing, but it in the end it comes down to what the owners want, as It's there money. Guardiola not sure, Mourinho winner but could cause chaos, who else is there ?, not too many as I see it.

chesterbells said:
mscenterh750 said:

But what if Pep would sign up in Jan?

pxcyS.png

Their is no doubt in my mind that the Manager seems to have created a problem for himself. We had an awful campaign in Europe and we had what most of us consider a very poor Summer in terms of improving on what we had and we still seem to be missing the elusive plan B.

I am not convinced though by any arguement provided by his doubters on here ( who have increased tenfold overnight) that their is a better alternative.
The two names being banded around most frequently are Pep and Jose and both are oustanding Football Managers but they wouldn't be certainties to bring success overnight.

Pep only knows the one Club and is a very inexperienced Manager who was blessed from day one with an exceptional group of players and Jose seems to hit a Wall as he moves into his third Season amongst other, more celebrated issues.
For what Mancini has done with us and with his previous clubs in Italy he certainly should be regarded as being of the same stature. If you read the Forum today you would think we had a former United Player (Bruce,Keane,Robson) in charge.

He hasn't become a bad Manager overnight. Our players - and just look at the spine of the side -; Hart, Vinny,Yaya,Silva, Aguero all would be welcome at any side in the World. They haven't become bad players overnight either.

Hopefully our owners and our new executive team will allow him the time to adress the problems we face and for me that would include another stab at Europe.

This viewpoint by the way is born from a standpoint of Stability and not Sentiment. Let United and Arsenal and Chelsea be disruprted in the search for new Managers not us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.