Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

I don't see Mancini at City next season.. Even if he wins the league again it might be the end of a road though some spectacular winning like last season's one could extend it possibly. That would be another marketing dream for the club and could give him some more time.

I am not even sure he would mind tbh, he doesn't look half passionate he was last year, maybe he feels/knows it's near the end.

Blue Heaven said:
MCFC BOB said:
Whenever the time comes, it will be a sad day when Mancini leaves Manchester City - I may even shed a tear.

We have to remember that, as fans, we owe a lot to Mancini because he has delivered the dreams that we have had for more than a generation, but delivering those particular dreams is not enough to stay. Our dreams have been reset and changed while the standards we expected have been increased. Mancini has raised his own bar higher than he can reach.

After calming down, I think because of what Mancini has delivered he deserves one more chance - and that one chance is to claw back the title from this position. But is clawing back the league from this position just papering over cracks? As Gary Neville said, problems cannot be erased in six weeks - and they certainly weren't solved during the summer.

Just like some players in our squad - Lescott, Barry, Kolarov to name three - Mancini has done his job of making us a successful domestic team in the way Hughes, Bellamy, Adebayor and Onuoha did their job of making us challengers for the top four. And just like Hughes, Bellamy, Adebayor and Onuoha, there are people at the club that need to be moved on for us to take the next step.

I just never thought Mancini would be one of the people moving on, but I fear that it has to happen. Mancini has to be given the lethal injection and sent on his way. Like I said, it will be a sad day when the most successful manager we've had since Joe Mercer walks out through the doors of the Etihad, never to return, but football is cruel, success is cruel and we must raise the standards to succeed in football.

Watching Mancini at City at the moment is like watching a long-term relationship breaking down: you know that you can do better without it, but it's where you go afterwards that is the greatest fear because of how much you've done together and the memories you've shared.

Thank you, Sir Bobby. Take a bow, you are a legend and you deserve my biggest thanks, and I want you to be the man we lift the Champions' League with for what you've done for my football team, but when I see us lifting the European Cup, I do not see you celebrating with us. Our manager in that image does not have a face, but I know for certain it is not you.

Thanks.

744370-1.jpg

Great post, Bob.

What a great post. Mancini you are a legend n we will miss you. I also wanted to see you lift the Champions' League. But now...

Something is in the wind, Peter Spencer of the M.E.N just been on talkshite and said that Mancini is not happy with his lot at the club and that he is raging at everybody and hinted that he is at loggerheads with the English contingent especially Lescott.
Iv backed Mancini all the way but once that you get divisions within the club you know something is not right at managerial level

blue underpants said:
Something is in the wind, Peter Spencer of the M.E.N just been on talkshite and said that Mancini is not happy with his lot at the club and that he is raging at everybody and hinted that he is at loggerheads with the English contingent especially Lescott.
Iv backed Mancini all the way but once that you get divisions within the club you know something is not right at managerial level

Well if Peter Spencer has said it then it must be gospel....

Give over.He is just pandering to the masses and creating a hornets nest. Talk sport were crowing this morning.Let them crow.

Mancini is to blame for this shite season. I also fail to see this big rave about nastatic got good potential but anyone else think he's not aggressive enough. Why change a title winning defence? What because nasti is better with the ball. Most defenders in our league are not great ball playing centre backs but seem to be doing ok against us. Lescott is a far more dominant defender if you ask me.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blue underpants said:

Well if Peter Spencer has said it then it must be gospel....

Give over.He is just pandering to the masses and creating a hornets nest. Talk sport were crowing this morning.Let them crow.
You know and i know that Peter Spencer is a twat we all know journos in general are twats in their attitude to city, let talksport crow im fed up of the lot of them and they would like nothing more than Mancini to go, roll on Saturday im off to Norwich to get pissed

FantasyIreland said:
MCFC BOB said:
FantasyIreland said:
Why does he deserve to see out the season?
Because he's shown that he can deliver the Premier League title and the FA Cup, so I think we should give him the chance to repeat his successes or win both.

Bob,he is an average manager among many who could have done the very same thing given the resources at his disposal.He has done nothing exceptional,you make it sound as if we are an Everton/Villa and it has been achieved on managerial masterstrokes alone.

A truly special manager would have made better progress with this club and lets not underestimate the owners part in our success.

I think you do Mancini a bit of a disservice here, he's clearly better than an average manager. Case in point: the season we just missed out on Champion's League to Spurs. When he came in, we were a complete shambles. We were playing awfully and the media were doing their very best to make him fail. He turned our season around and got us to within winning one game of 4th place.

The difference wasn't the money, as is being proven at QPR. Hughes fucked up there, Redknapp (for all his failings, is undoubtedly a better manager than Hughes) comes in but still can't turn it around.

The way Mancini has reshaped much of this club has been excellent. Some of the football we played last season was phenomenal. We were breaking records everywhere. Mancini made Lescott look much closer to the £24m price tag than many managers would have done. He brought Micah back in line. He brought Vieira in, whose good work has gone beyond the pitch and the training ground. There are many things which have happened in the last three years which only Mancini could have accomplished. The only further progress we could have made is in Europe which has been nothing short of embarrassing.

I'm one of those that thinks Mancini's time is running out if things don't change drastically. I just hope that in the future he gets the respect that he deserves.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Mancini is to blame for this shite season. I also fail to see this big rave about nastatic got good potential but anyone else think he's not aggressive enough. Why change a title winning defence? What because nasti is better with the ball. Most defenders in our league are not great ball playing centre backs but seem to be doing ok against us. Lescott is a far more dominant defender if you ask me.

THIS! Nasty is a one for the future , not one to start games NOW! He's more composed and calm on the ball but the problem is sometime he seems too calm , he doesn't have that dominant presence that Lescott has . Personally i think we should have maintained the team that won us the title . AJ, NDJ , Lescott and maybe add only Nasty or Maicon.

i♥city! said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

THIS! Nasty is a one for the future , not one to start games NOW! He's more composed and calm on the ball but the problem is sometime he seems too calm , he doesn't have that dominant presence that Lescott has . Personally i think we should have maintained the team that won us the title . AJ, NDJ , Lescott and maybe add only Nasty or Maicon.

Why do we need a "dominating presence" when the defence is doing fine on it's own? How many times has our defence been "dominated" this season?

i♥city! said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

He has been our best defender this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.