Is our club against capping away prices?

Saddened by this but TBH I was expecting a vote against as most clubs just want our money. Simple as.
This football club romance or #together as city market it is a load of bollocks... when city posted profits I didn't see any of it (lol)

I'll be assessing the cost of my ST next season and if it's a significant rise I'll be cancelling it.... Quickly replaced by someone who's money is better.

The "club" don't give a rats ass about us (the fans) and the same applies with most other sports businesses.

It is one big gravy train and yet we ain't making shit from it, we're paying to watch the train fly past.

Far play to the scousers for taking a stance yesterday.... I feel if some of us did the same the majority of Blues would shoot us down.

Last edited:
Watched Liverpool v Sunderland last night on SNF. During the match one of the digital advertising boards flashed tickets for Liverpool v City....... £145+vat!

Yes was reported on Friday though a an interesting quote

In a secret ballot, seven or eight clubs are understood to have opposed the capping — those led by greedy Arsenal who charge away supporters the most — leaving the Premier League short of the 14-club majority needed to make such changes.

The part that says secret ballot is the bit that leads me to think that this is all guess work. Nobody knows what anybody voted and those that are reporting they know really are guessing. So before we start slagging our club off lets go with what facts we have. These facts are quite transparent we have none as it was a secret ballot so nobody knows what anybody voted especially our club.

In a secret ballot, seven or eight clubs are understood to have opposed the capping — those led by greedy Arsenal who charge away supporters the most — leaving the Premier League short of the 14-club majority needed to make such changes.

The part that says secret ballot is the bit that leads me to think that this is all guess work. Nobody knows what anybody voted and those that are reporting they know really are guessing. So before we start slagging our club off lets go with what facts we have. These facts are quite transparent we have none as it was a secret ballot so nobody knows what anybody voted especially our club.

Well even though the ballot was secret at least 13 clubs are considering setting a unofficial cap, that would sugest the other 7 that aren't arse, rags, spurs, scousers, chelsea, west ham, and us were the 7 who voted it down. In fact le arse have come out saying ticket prices are not changing they would rather subsidise travel.

Anyone who actually believes Txiki or Soriano give a flying fuck about the fans, is either deluded or misguided.

Profit is everything to these blokes, whether that be from a business perspective or to line their own pockets. A worrying percentage of our long term fans have already been priced out and don't go regularly or at all anymore.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Txiki.
And whilst I love taking the piss out of scousers as much as the next man, what they did yesterday was bang on.

There would have been a discussion beforehand where the clubs would have made their positions clear. And we don't know for sure whether it was a secret ballot or a show of hands.

It's even more disappointing when that £600,000 loss of revenue would be passed straight back into the pockets of some of our fans who have loyally followed us through thick and thin for many many years.

That is unless they plan to change the loyalty system which actually wouldn't surprise me with Pep on his way!
If they want to save money they could always try not buying shit players like Sinclair etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.