Isco

Re: Isco (Part 8 (weekend saga part 3))

McFcMiKe7 said:
If it's true about us not having agreed a deal with Malaga, I want to know what the hold up is and why we are potentially jeopardizing the transfer because we won't pay up. I'm sure both question will be answered soon.

Wasn't there a post earlier yesterday that the president of Malaga is going to travel to Dubai on business today? Perhaps any concrete negotiations may be done by him and us in Dubai and any final decision will have to come from our Chairman following their discussion?

McFcMiKe7 said:
Petetheblu said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
If it's true about us not having agreed a deal with Malaga, I want to know what the hold up is and why we are potentially jeopardizing the transfer because we won't pay up. I'm sure both question will be answered soon.

Mike, relax. The club is in great hands, no way wil we be rolling over for a belly tickle.
I am relax. Just curious, that's all.

The problem is though Mike your wanting to know about something that may be or may not be true. It won't be long pal so stop worrying about what may not be true.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Petetheblu said:
Mike, relax. The club is in great hands, no way wil we be rolling over for a belly tickle.

This is only my interpretation but if this is the situation then I expect there may have been some haggling over installments, perhaps meaning we pay a lower outright fee and more installments than Madrid are offering.

From what some sources are saying, especially the City ones it sounds from some quarters like we have matched up to Madrid's offer but the general media seem to be a few days behind the curve or are too busy trying to pressure Isco into agreeing a deal with Real, we'll wait and see whether he succumbs but I would be surprised to see so many ITK's and reputable journo's be so wrong about Isco's intentions.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if Malaga were trying to haggle for a higher fee from us and maybe Madrid have done us a favour by making their figure public.

I'm also inclined to interpret Real Madrid's move that way, just as they did against Barca over Neymar. Real Madrid have successfully raised the fee for Santos and made Barca pay far more than they initially planned.

cordonbleu said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
McFcMiKe7 said:

This is only my interpretation but if this is the situation then I expect there may have been some haggling over installments, perhaps meaning we pay a lower outright fee and more installments than Madrid are offering.

From what some sources are saying, especially the City ones it sounds from some quarters like we have matched up to Madrid's offer but the general media seem to be a few days behind the curve or are too busy trying to pressure Isco into agreeing a deal with Real, we'll wait and see whether he succumbs but I would be surprised to see so many ITK's and reputable journo's be so wrong about Isco's intentions.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if Malaga were trying to haggle for a higher fee from us and maybe Madrid have done us a favour by making their figure public.

I'm also inclined to interpret Real Madrid's move that way, just as they did against Barca over Neymar. Real Madrid have successfully raised the fee for Santos and made Barca pay far more than they initially planned.
Clubs do this all the time especially league rivals for many reasons — to try to affect another's transfer budget for instance.

I think there's more to it than that though. IMO Madrid probably do really want indubitably the most talented Spanish youngster of this generation.

Jumanji said:
cordonbleu said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Clubs do this all the time especially league rivals for many reasons — to try to affect another's transfer budget for instance.

I think there's more to it than that though. IMO Madrid probably do really want indubitably the most talented Spanish youngster of this generation.

Well if they want Cavani that badly I hope Txiki gives them a taste of their own medicine and makes them pay the fortune for it.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Jumanji said:
cordonbleu said:

Well if they want Cavani that badly I hope Txiki gives them a taste of their own medicine and makes them pay the fortune for it.
They'd just get Suarez, the better buy anyway. Not only for the price but as a footballer too.

Madrid didn't increase Barca's price for neymar at all, he was only wanting to go to barca and wasn't going to accept any other offers. Barca got neymar on the cheap to what they're going to end up getting out of him, commercially and playing wise

Jumanji said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Jumanji said:

They'd just get Suarez, the better buy anyway. Not only for the price but as a footballer too.

Liverpool are the perfect club to drive the price up with. I can easily see us linked to him in the English press by mid-July, £25m will become £35m will become closer to £40m before Madrid get him.

Manchester City could be snubbed by Edinson Cavani and Isco

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/409782/Manchester-City-could-be-snubbed-by-Edinson-Cavani-and-Isco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... i-and-Isco</a>

I'm making up my own view of the state of things loosely brought together from favourably selected quotes and supposed 'insider info' from the interweb.

A key driver in our transfer strategy is the general feeling that we are usually taken for a ride by the selling club. As implemented in last summer's transfer window, this went tit's up and it appeared we got none of our primary targets.

Enter Cheeky and Furry.

Isco would be an obvious target anyway but given the appointment of Pellegrini and the difficulties at Malaga, it would all point to us devoting a big chunk of the summer's recruitment effort into getting Isco.

So after all the usual preamble we put an offer to Malaga. They, quite reasonably, don't accept the offer and tell us they think we'll have to pay more. But recognising the reality of their situation they allow us to talk to Isco directly. Isco agrees in principal to come but states publicly that he "wants the best deal for Malaga".

Isco goes off to the under-21 champs and Malaga are left to ponder whether to accept our offer. Enter Real Madrid who eventually come up with an offer that Malaga accept. Press spurt leaked info that "Madrid have signed Isco".

We match Madrid's offer. We are keen not to pay above market price. A true price has now been established so we can match it whilst still achieving our goal of not being stiffed by the selling club.

Isco signs for City and we have a disco.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.