Isco

Re: Isco (Part 8 (weekend saga part 3))

BibbyBlue85 said:
Ducado said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Ok just heard we've agreed a fee including add-ons with Malaga. Isco and Pellegrini chat went extremely well. Medical could be spread over 2 days early this week.

I'm excited as fuck, nailing my colours firmly to the mast.

Lets all have a disco............

I still stand by this. The next 24-48 hours are crucial. The lad has a huge decision to make

Thanks for your information :). Same goes to Prestwich Blue and Tolmie's Hairdoo.

Rammyblues said:
there is news, nearly every media outlet is reporting he's going to Madrid including the Guardian

No difference from the other day. Has there been any interview with the player and the player saying I want Madrid? Checked NewsNow for the spanish site of Real Madrid not a lot shown there. It seems to me we have a total lock down dare I say it from both sides. I don't believe the deal is being held up by a loan player going to Malaga either. What I do think, call me optimistic if you like but I see any positive comments towards RM from the player is ensuring he ain't burning his boats just in case he wants to move there in a year or so time. Pellegrini is only on a three year deal, maybe he is hedging his bets, he will come to us but doesn't want to knock RM. I also suspect the reason we haven't heard from the player is usually from our side there is a non disclosure rule. For me the press both here and Spain are either making stories up based on twitter and the "source" or re hashing information and re spinning the stories to fill column inches.

As for the ITKs although I accept they may get priveleged information which has been shared I cannot understand why the witch hunts if it goes wrong. Everybody on this forum has a brain, for god sake use it if you think he will sign good, if not fine move on to other threads or at least try and argue why you don't think he will sign in a more meaningful manner, always enjoy good discussion. We will find out soon enough what the decision is and then we can all re create this havoc again on the Cavani thread :-)

Everybody on this forum has a brain

Least believable thing on this thread mate ;)

Just a little warning folks, some of you are getting carried away posting pictures that you know are banned, leave it out don't make our job any harder and think of others

Next time there will be some hefty bans handed out

Thanks

Why oh why did you post Gail platt.Rooney will be chomping at the bit to sign for us on a free if he sees that!

Prestwich_Blue said:
JosMCFC said:
manimanc said:
Prestwichblue ain't no bullshitter and i can safely say he is a very knowledgable guy who knows his shit...
Cross him at your peril boys and girls,he ain't the kind of guy who does things for kicks,if something needs to be said he says it,he walks the walk and talks the talk...

I shall say no more..
So did he say isco was coming or not then ?
Going to put my neck on the line here and say this deal is still very much in play. Malaga want the most they can get. If that's from us, he comes to us, which he's happy to do. If it's from Madrid, he goes to them.

Fingers crossed we stump up. Cheers for that.

BillyShears said:
sam-caddick said:
If he has signed for Madrid we won't here anything until the new manager is announced, that's this Wednesday apparently isn't it?

Come on Txiki just bid €25m and that should seal the deal.

It's got nothing to do with money IMO. City will only make an official bid once it becomes clear that the player does intend to come to us. If the player's not prepared to give us that assurance then there's little point in bidding.

We see these things every summer and every summer people behave like City have somehow fucked up. It's simple. Sanchez wanted Barca. Hazard Chelsea. Van Persie the rags. Now it seems Isco wants Madrid. You win some and lose some in the transfer game.

Disagree pal, all the media I have read coming out of Spain reckon we are out of it because we have not matched Real's fee.

Isco wanted game time, I for one believe if we had matched Real's offer Isco would be ours.

He would be joining back up with a manager who has time do develop him further and guarantee him lot's of game time, Real cannot do that I don't think.

If I was his advisor I certainly would not be tellng him to Madrid at this point in his career, I would say go to City where you know you can be guaranteed playing time under a manager that understands you and will offer you all the patience you require, go to Madrid when you have become the player you desire to be.

Going Madrid now would be career suicide for him if you ask me, Real want ready made superstars, if you watched Isco at Malaga he is still developing, he still has a bit to go before becoming a consisent superstar.

That's my theory on him anyway.

I'm no cynic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
If we have matched it mate I think he will come to us.

Put yourself in Isco's shoes, it would be career suicide going to Real at this moment in my career.

He still needs to develop and be under the wing of a manager who knows and understands him and will be patient with him.

Madrid want ready made superstars for success now, they don't have time to develop players in the meantime as their expectations are ridiculous.

Watching Malaga last season showed us Isco had his good games and and bad games, he is still developing, and I don't think going to Madrid will help him become the player he wants to be.

He declared it was game time he wanted before the euros competition, I guarantee he would have more at City.

Look at Madrid as well, if they get their targets this Summer in Suarez and Bale to name just some, they will look like this:

-----Suarez---
Ronaldo-Ozil-Bale

Good luck to him getting the amount of game time he really wants in that side, plus he is fighting Di Maria, Modric, Callejon and Kaka.

I sound a bit angry and I apologise, but I hope you can see where I am coming from mate.
I know exactly what you're saying. But let's play devils advocate for a minute.

You've been made an offer by one of the most glamorous clubs in the world. You get to stay in Spain in a culture you're familiar with. You will have a top class manager. You're more likely to play for the national team playing for a Spanish club. You have a chance of playing in a CL final or semi final most seasons. The downside is there's lots of competition in your position.

If you go to City you play under a manager you know and trust plus you'll get plenty of games but the club is still very much in a development phase. We've never got out of the CL group phase. You're in an unfamiliar culture (although there are plenty of Spanish speakers). Perhaps you'd be tempted if we offered stupid money but we don't do that anymore.

City under Garry Cook would have had this sorted two or three weeks ago. You say we don't throw away silly money anymore? That depends on what you call silly. Sinclair was 'cheap', but the majority of fans will still say his price tag was silly. The same may be said of Garcia and Maicon. And these players were signed during a period of restraint, the same restraint that many will say cost us Hazard and RVP [though in my own opinion, neither player, were signings I would have wanted]. And would we say that talk of £60m for Bale or £80m for Ronaldo is silly? Maybe, or maybe not. It's all relative in what we see in a player, and if Isco is THE star of the future, then City should have bid to suit instead of wasting time in haggling over the odd couple of million thus allowing Real to get in on our perceived lack of interest in dealing with a struggling club. All that is going to happen now if Isco does turn us down is that our fans are going to get as critical with the backroom boys as they did last year with Marwood, and they may panic and then spend 'really silly money' on lesser players again.

there are a couple of problems with your post....imho.
1)You mean Gary Cook would have sorted it IF City still had the policy they had when Garry Cook was in the job!
2) As myself and so many have said on here, how do you know what we have bid?
3) Are you saying we have paid really silly money for lesser players such as Navas and Fenandinhio or are going to if we miss out on Isco.

We're all flapping and fretting over this and that when none of us have a clue what has really happened behind the scenes.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Ducado said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Ok just heard we've agreed a fee including add-ons with Malaga. Isco and Pellegrini chat went extremely well. Medical could be spread over 2 days early this week.

I'm excited as fuck, nailing my colours firmly to the mast.

Lets all have a disco............

I still stand by this. The next 24-48 hours are crucial. The lad has a huge decision to make

Cheers Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.