Isco

Re: Isco (Part 8 (weekend saga part 3))

gh_mcfc said:
jrb said:
gh_mcfc said:
Which idiot didnt get the dress code. It not men in blue you knob

Me, a knob?

It's not often I get called (a knob) on BM.

Erm.....

Knob in reference to the knob in blue in the photo who didn`t understand that MIB means "men in black" not "men in blue" hence did not look like the other Knobs in Black.

However maybe if you missed that you may well be a ...

TBF that went straight over my head. (you knob jrb)

Back to topic. :-)

I'm as gutted as anybody that this kid has apparently opted to join Madrid, especially after all the positive signs in our favour over the last few weeks, but it won't be for a lack of effort on our part. It will just be the lads decision at the end of the day and i can't really blame him. The lure of real Madrid for any young Spaniard is huge. Good luck to him.

Besides we have our own Spanish wonder kid about to kick off in the U20 World Cup. It's free (and perfectly legal) to stream on FIFA's web site for anybody to watch:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/video/live/information.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/video/l ... ation.html</a>

Well the silence can only mean we are still in negotiation or the player is making up his mind and once he has I have no doubt it he chooses RM the whole world will know about it very quickly.

Phuket Blue said:
I'm no cynic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I know exactly what you're saying. But let's play devils advocate for a minute.

You've been made an offer by one of the most glamorous clubs in the world. You get to stay in Spain in a culture you're familiar with. You will have a top class manager. You're more likely to play for the national team playing for a Spanish club. You have a chance of playing in a CL final or semi final most seasons. The downside is there's lots of competition in your position.

If you go to City you play under a manager you know and trust plus you'll get plenty of games but the club is still very much in a development phase. We've never got out of the CL group phase. You're in an unfamiliar culture (although there are plenty of Spanish speakers). Perhaps you'd be tempted if we offered stupid money but we don't do that anymore.

City under Garry Cook would have had this sorted two or three weeks ago. You say we don't throw away silly money anymore? That depends on what you call silly. Sinclair was 'cheap', but the majority of fans will still say his price tag was silly. The same may be said of Garcia and Maicon. And these players were signed during a period of restraint, the same restraint that many will say cost us Hazard and RVP [though in my own opinion, neither player, were signings I would have wanted]. And would we say that talk of £60m for Bale or £80m for Ronaldo is silly? Maybe, or maybe not. It's all relative in what we see in a player, and if Isco is THE star of the future, then City should have bid to suit instead of wasting time in haggling over the odd couple of million thus allowing Real to get in on our perceived lack of interest in dealing with a struggling club. All that is going to happen now if Isco does turn us down is that our fans are going to get as critical with the backroom boys as they did last year with Marwood, and they may panic and then spend 'really silly money' on lesser players again.

there are a couple of problems with your post....imho.
1)You mean Gary Cook would have sorted it IF City still had the policy they had when Garry Cook was in the job!
2) As myself and so many have said on here, how do you know what we have bid?
3) Are you saying we have paid really silly money for lesser players such as Navas and Fenandinhio or are going to if we miss out on Isco.

We're all flapping and fretting over this and that when none of us have a clue what has really happened behind the scenes.

All I'm saying is that Cook would have got this business done quickly instead of sniffing out the opportunity of getting a player cheaply because that club was in trouble, as appears here. By being tardy, all we have done is alerted Real to the fact that Malaga will release a quality player for less than his real value.

dref619 said:
Ray78 said:
dref619 said:
The silence is bizzare though

I would agree with you if Peter Swales was in charge. He would also sell either Aguero, Toure, Silva or Kompany as well.

I don't expect the club to say anything on the os. But by the time Hazard was announced , it was known that we had pulled out . Similarly , Madrid would usually be shouting news like this from the rooftops . I can't see him coming here now like, just found it odd

Shout-from-rooftop-010.jpg

Please join City Isco .

Just to add another positive post into the mix:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.malagacf.com/en/new/comunicado/official-statement-from-malaga-club-futbol-and-granada-club-futbol/601/70089" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.malagacf.com/en/new/comunica ... /601/70089</a>

Here's some evidence of Malaga OS (most recent news post) posting about agreeing a fee with another club so if it were the case that they had decided to sell to Madrid im sure they would have it on their site.

Also on SSN, James Cooper said we are still waiting for Pellegrini to fly into Manchester. HAS TO BE because of Isco.

Hopefully it isn't to do with waiting till CA arrives b4 makin' it official.

Despite everything, I am pretty sure that our bids - everything included - will now be topping the Madrid one.

If the matter comes down to a player + cash deal (from RM) we need to have a v. powerful counter proposition ready and waiting. Pretty much as of now.

If it does go Pete Tong, then I have the utmost faith In MP finding the alternative from his time in Spain. He must know the scene there completely back to front.

Keep the faith.

dref619 said:
Ray78 said:
dref619 said:
The silence is bizzare though

I would agree with you if Peter Swales was in charge. He would also sell either Aguero, Toure, Silva or Kompany as well.

I don't expect the club to say anything on the os. But by the time Hazard was announced , it was known that we had pulled out . Similarly , Madrid would usually be shouting news like this from the rooftops . I can't see him coming here now like, just found it odd

Silence is the best policy for us imho. I remember Sulaiman Al-Fahim shouting his mouth off when we got taken over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.