Isco

Uncle Clockwise said:
david whites spike said:
Uncle Clockwise said:
I always love how fans assume all the so called best players must start each game TOGETHER. Each of our better players have been injured each season for the last three seasons, because we can't afford not to play them. We need quality in depth! Not just for eleven starters.
So if we get isco then that leaves us with jovetic negredo dzeko Milner navas Fernando Rodwell and Garcia not in the starting 11 and you're worried about quality in depth??
I'm worried about what losing silva or nasri for 6 months might do to our creativity. I don't think 3 ball players are too many to accomodate in a squad. How the fat is trimmed to accommodate them is up to the boys who are paid to make those decisions. Besides, I wasn't having a chip at you, but we as fans all try to squeeze 22 into 11, when 11 players will never make through a season.

First of all I doubt we would line up like that for every game. There will be games where Navas or Milner would get in and Nasri and/or Silva and even Isco could be rested for rotation. If Nasri and Silva were to get injured how would having Isco not help? We would still have options in formation. Isco is very creative. We could still line up

Dzeko Aguero
Isco Milner/Navas
Yaya Fernando/Fernandinho

Larry Stranger said:
Uncle Clockwise said:
david whites spike said:
So if we get isco then that leaves us with jovetic negredo dzeko Milner navas Fernando Rodwell and Garcia not in the starting 11 and you're worried about quality in depth??
I'm worried about what losing silva or nasri for 6 months might do to our creativity. I don't think 3 ball players are too many to accomodate in a squad. How the fat is trimmed to accommodate them is up to the boys who are paid to make those decisions. Besides, I wasn't having a chip at you, but we as fans all try to squeeze 22 into 11, when 11 players will never make through a season.

First of all I doubt we would line up like that for every game. There will be games where Navas or Milner would get in and Nasri and/or Silva and even Isco could be rested for rotation. If Nasri and Silva were to get injured how would having Isco not help? We would still have options in formation. Isco is very creative. We could still line up

Dzeko Aguero
Isco Milner/Navas

yaya milner isco lets all av a disco!........

birchwoodgingerste said:
Larry Stranger said:
Uncle Clockwise said:

Dzeko Aguero
Isco Milner/Navas

yaya milner isco lets all av a disco!........
yna9e8a8.jpg

Rammyblues said:
Eastlander wrote:
I posted this on another thread, but it sits in this one better.

Assuming Mangala is done, Garcia & Guidetti out, this leave us with the 17 for the league being -

W Caballero
B Sagna
P Zabaleta
M Demechelis
V Kompany
E Mangala
A Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Y Toure
J Navas
S Nasri
D Silva
S Jovetic
S Aguero
E Dzeko
A Negredo

Who makes way for Isco ?

I personally would not like to lose any of the above for Isco.

Seems we have four options.

Option A

If we can't sell or loan any of the so called deadwood, players will need to be told they will only be considered for domestic cup competitions (Garcia,) where there is no limit on squad players.

Option B

Players told they will only be permitted to play in either Champions league or Premier League but not both

Negredo (Injured and out for a couple of months but will return in time for some of group games but will be included in prem games from( Jan 2015) if this not done then
Demichelis (Considered for premier league but not Champions League given will have just returned from WC duty, allows Mangala to get feet under table) can find a new club in January 2015.
Cabellero ( Could be told not playing CL until Jan 2015 his spot will be given to EDS under 21 keeper instead, but will come into the squad in January if MDM leaves)

Option c

A combination of A and B above using January window to get rid if they don't take the hint this summer - really getting nasty but this will have to be done

Option D

Isco joins on basis will only be playing Prem League and Domestic cups or CL and domestic cups and not both.

This is certainly not going to happen and if it did, it will be very ruthless given the fact that he has been in the club for only one year but we really need to focus on Navas and assess what he brings and will bring to the club this season and the future. He has great attitude and pace but he can be consistently frustrating when it comes to crossing the ball, picking a man and finishing as well. Also the concept of Navas having the ability to fly past or dribble players before crossing the ball is a myth- he seems to just shift it left or right and try to cross it.

I have obviously just highlighted his shortcomings but his positives are also there but I really don't see him as someone that improves the squad. Therefore if there is a player from the aforementioned list in the thread that should step down for Isco, I will say Navas.

But it aint gonna happen. The other option will be to keep a player out of the champions league. Negredo fully understands his predicament and I think his focus when he comes back will be to get fit as soon as possible and not on gracing the bright lights and stars of the Champions league. So we could sign Isco and omit Negredo from the Champions league squad this season. Another ruthless but correct decision in my opinion.

The third and final option will be to send Dimechelis on loan for the season or sell him but that will be putting extra pressure and reliance of Nastasic stepping up as the third choice CB. This is a possible option but aint gonna happen.

The overwhelming fact is that Isco is a young, a bright, future star and if we have the opportunity to sign him then it is something that we should seriously look at even if it means making some ruthless decisions.

It was said on here by somebody last night that he had been chosen to play in a Madrid friendly last night. Anybody know if he did and how he got on?

higgi1p said:
It was said on here by somebody last night that he had been chosen to play in a Madrid friendly last night. Anybody know if he did and how he got on?

Diego Lopez;
Carvajal,
Pepe,
Nacho,
Diego Llorente;
Illarra,
Medran,
Isco,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Lucas Vazquez;
Raul de Tomas,
Gareth Bale.

My opinion is that even if he does not leave Madrid this year, he will next year since he will get frustrated on being under utilized. He's a Barca fan if I am not mistaken but there's no way Madrid will sell to them. Outside of Spain, we would clearly be his number 1 choice because of Pellegrini. Getting him next year seems most plausible since our restrictions etc. would be lifted as well.

Been told that at this point there's absolutely no substance to this - pure speculation. Just passing it on - sorry to disappoint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.